Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - Belvoir Challenge

Author: Anne Wade
Posted: Tue 11th Dec 2007, 21:06
Local Group: Heart of England
Myrtle Meander is someone's favourite event - see that thread!
Author: Anne Wade
Posted: Tue 11th Dec 2007, 21:01
Local Group: Heart of England
We find this event quite stressful because of the large number of entrants, both along the way and with the pressure on facilities at the start and finish. They also don't allow dogs any more.
However, it is a major fundraiser for the village primary school, which is worth supporting.

I think that the large numbers are due to effective marketing, but also because the route is fully waymarked, so lots of navigationally-challenged people take part.

A good alternative is Myrtle Meander - worth doing for the fantastic cakes! And much more relaxed!
Author: Fiona Cameron
Posted: Mon 10th Dec 2007, 10:03
Local Group: Surrey
I've just had a look a the website and the results for 2007 confirmed what I'd been told - they have a entry list way over 500, so we don't include the event in the Strider calendar, although it's clear that they have LDWA members walking on both distances as well as a strong contingent of runners.

Proceeds go to the local primary school. It's on 23rd Feb, so this may be a good alternative if you didn't get onto the South Shropshire Circular.
Author: Stuart Ashley
Posted: Fri 7th Dec 2007, 14:49
Local Group: Lincolnshire
The Belvoir Challenge is on next year
Try www.belvoirchallenge.co.uk for more information and entry form.
Posted: Thu 6th Dec 2007, 21:26
Hi, can anyone out there tell me please if the Belvoir Challenge is taking place next year? A friend of mine did it this year (February) & I was hoping to do it next year but I cannot find a website or link to a website that actually takes me to a page with info. I was just wondering if the event will be taking place in '08.

Thanks

Sam

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law