Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Gear ! - PARTY FEET

Author: Mike Rayner
Posted: Tue 29th Jan 2008, 19:45
Local Group: Northumbria
They worked OK on our last group walk on Hadrians Wall. Another walker developed a blister. The gel seems to spread out and provide a thicker pad after a while
Posted: Mon 29th Oct 2007, 20:09
And the times on the postings have gone to pot again
Posted: Mon 29th Oct 2007, 20:08
They are the same as the clear gel blister plasters, available in high street chemists. I've tried them and they do reduce friction and pain for some time, but eventually they do rub off, probably like all such products. The feeling is a bit like sticking a jellyfish on my foot and walking around with it in my sock (a childhood memory from Southend on Sea).
Author: Madeleine Watson
Posted: Mon 29th Oct 2007, 18:41
Local Group: West Yorkshire
I've never tried them, but I would have thought you could shell you for some and try them out. Will the hardest thing be going in the shop and asking for party feet? (Would be for me - clearly not looking like a party-goer of any sort!)
Author: Mike Wiltshire
Posted: Mon 29th Oct 2007, 0:10
I was watching my daughter go through the final stages of preparing for a night on the tiles yesterday evening and noticed that she was fitting a gel-device to the the inside of the modified bear-traps she calls shoes.

After she'd gone out (leaving me and the boss to look after our grandson) I retrieved the packaging for what were apparently called Party Feet, made by Scholls. These promise a night of unbridled gallivanting without burns to the ball of the foot.

Has anyone tried these things (either for the unbridled gallivanting or, more importantly, for walking long distances)? I suffer from heat build up in just that area, whether I'm wearing boots or trainers, irrespective of footbeds/insoles and with any sock combination.

Suffering also from the short arms/deep pockets complaint (which I've learned to live with) I'd be interested to hear of others' experiences before shelling out any bawbees.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law