Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - The Annexe needs you !

Author: Garfield Southall
Posted: Mon 1st Oct 2007, 10:01
Local Group: Merseystride
There were no problems during trials with quite a few people. But, response time can be influenced by many factors, not just the design of the site. The server (in our case hosted by Apple themselves) can be busy; broadband lines rarely perform at their advertised rates since they are shared; processing power of your cpu and, especially, RAM; are you caching web pages?; graphics card etc

The site is designed to be used at the top end of today's home computer specs. As we all know, this will become the standard very quickly.
Posted: Mon 1st Oct 2007, 0:12
It loaded quickly for me - ah, the power of Macs.
Author: Philip Powell
Posted: Thu 27th Sep 2007, 11:18
Local Group: Northumbria
I found it very slow, too.
Author: Sue Allonby
Posted: Thu 27th Sep 2007, 10:24
I haven't managed to get a proper look at the Annexe yet, as it seems to be very slow loading compared to the rest of the site (even on my fast connection at work).
Author: Garfield Southall
Posted: Wed 26th Sep 2007, 21:33
Local Group: Merseystride
Many people take photos on our challenge events - of the scenery and of the people. If you have a few which you'd like to share please send them on to me, along with a few (or more!) words and I'll put them in the Annexe.

You'll find an email button on several of the pages in the Annexe.

There's a page on the recent Open to Offas there to give you an idea of what it can look like.

I'm grateful to the many ideas for content I'm getting - please keep them coming.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law