Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Website Development - Include a map button with Events Calendar

Author: Fiona Cameron
Posted: Sun 7th Oct 2007, 12:32
Local Group: Surrey
Now updated for all events in the calendar, except the odd one or two who don't provide a GR in their details - I guess you have to enter the walk to find out the start details.

If anyone finds a GR which deposits you in the middle of the sea when you follow the link, it'll be because I've transposed digits, so please let me know. So far as I know, none of the events start off-shore.
Author: Fiona Cameron
Posted: Tue 25th Sep 2007, 7:11
Local Group: Surrey
We are ahead of you on this one. During the course of last week some new fields appeared on the entry pages for events (and probably social events) to show the GR of event starts which then will link through to a multimap map of the start.

Now I have to go back through all the current entries and complete those fields. Take a look at the entry for the Founders challenge for an example.
Author: Andy Griffin
Posted: Mon 24th Sep 2007, 21:12
Local Group: East Lancashire
I think this is a very good idea. I will look at adding one to the East Lancs website for our next Challenge event. I assume it is just a link to an external website like multimap which can be edited into the text.
Posted: Mon 24th Sep 2007, 5:24
I propose that a map of the starting point location is included with all future events. A simple click of the button would then immediately show to the enquirer this essential information. All that is required is the national grid and 6-figure grid reference to set-up these maps.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law