Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - Bullock Smithy Hike

Author: Andy Griffin
Posted: Mon 3rd Sep 2007, 20:57
Local Group: East Lancashire
It was my first time and I walked through the rain and mist. The rain started around 2.30am after leaving Earl Sterndale and and the lasted until 5.30 ish. I really enjoyed the first 20 miles but the tarmac and stoney tracks took the enjoyment away. The event was well organised and the checkpoints are close together. More savoury food would be my choice (and a nice soft grass path).
Author: Nick Ham
Posted: Mon 3rd Sep 2007, 12:50
Local Group: South Manchester
Thank you 3rd Hazel Grove Scouts and friends for another great Hike last weekend. The friendly welcome and excellent organisation remain as strong as ever.
After last year's terrible weather, the drier conditions to which we have become accustomed for this event returned, thankfully - at least for the speedier ones. As the organiser said at the presentation ceremony, it was a game of two halves; that dreaded rain came back again in the early hours of the morning. Well done to the hardy souls who battled through those long hours in the wet to a triumphant finish at Hazel Grove.
The Bullock Smithy Hike was my first event and it remains one of my favourites. Long may it continue!

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law