Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - The Bothy - Unusual phenomena

Author: Matthew Hand
Posted: Fri 24th Aug 2007, 22:58
Local Group: Mid Wales
I shall remind Jane of the 'energy reserves' she has in her body whilst staggering over the Rhinogs this weekend! Matt.
Author: Garfield Southall
Posted: Fri 24th Aug 2007, 21:57
Local Group: Merseystride
Yes, white Magnums are a problem ...
Posted: Thu 23rd Aug 2007, 22:29
Depends on the ice cream. I reckon a white Magnum needs one of the good fast paced six milers round here, a Solero slightly less. A cheapo choc ice just needs an hour in my garden with the spade or hoe. I've given up making home made icecream - not enough hours in the day to walk it off - its just TOO good!!
Posted: Thu 23rd Aug 2007, 20:26
How much walking do you have to do to work off an ice-cream, Jane ?
Posted: Thu 23rd Aug 2007, 17:34
So that's what you do when I'm at work all day, sit around in the sun eating icecreams...... the truth will out eventually!! Matt.
Posted: Thu 23rd Aug 2007, 12:56
It's back in Wales today!! I don't know whether to garden, walk, sit and gaze at the hills or jump up and down with joy. Perhaps I'll have an ice-ceam...... and walk it off later.
Author: Nick Ham
Posted: Thu 23rd Aug 2007, 12:28
Local Group: South Manchester
The sun's been seen over Manchester all week. I hardly know what to do with myself.
Posted: Wed 22nd Aug 2007, 20:49
You must be mistaken Garfield, the sun was actually in mid -Wales today. Jane
Author: Tony Willey
Posted: Wed 22nd Aug 2007, 20:41
Local Group: Lakeland
And the forecast is for a great day tomorrow, which is totally predictable as we have an all day internet meeting.
I sometimes think we should publicise our meeting dates as a member service- it's a guarantee of perfect walking weather!
Posted: Wed 22nd Aug 2007, 19:46
I'd just like to report that the sun has been seen over Chester today. Garfield

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law