Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - The Bothy - The Bothy guide to Bothies !

Author: Ian Koszalinski
Posted: Tue 14th Aug 2007, 0:51
Local Group: High Peak
was once holed up in a little rock shelter just big enough for 2 to sit in cuddled up wi misses just above kinder downfall in june during a snowstorm
Author: Garfield Southall
Posted: Mon 13th Aug 2007, 9:16
Local Group: Merseystride
On a glorious day last week a friend and I walked from Aber Falls to Pen Yr Ole Wen - and back - along the glorious Carneddau ridge. 21 miles of fine high-level walking, with just a few fluffy clouds for company.

As many will know, there is a refuge hut under the summit of Foel Grach and sitting in the cool shade of that spot, I wondered what stories and dramas the hut had seen. Which, naturally, led me to ask fellow Bothyites what experiences they have of any bothy - either conditions on visiting, or actually holed-up in one. Garfield

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law