Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - Long Distance Paths - Dartmoor to South Wales link?

Author: Martin Cook
Posted: Wed 15th Aug 2007, 20:01
Local Group: Cornwall & Devon
Don't know how useful this is but I have heard there is talk of a Ferry crossing between Minehead and Swansea, but may a while off. There are trips on the paddle steamer 'the Waverley' that visits places like Ilfracombe, and South wales but not sure if there are convienant timings etc. Probably worth doing a search on Google etc
Author: Tony Blackburn
Posted: Wed 1st Aug 2007, 10:48
Well, here it is, my first forum posting from an LDWA old timer (I joined in 1976). Hope I manage to press the right buttons. I've been musing over an alternative link between the 2000ers between Dartmoor and the Black Mountain in South Wales. Rather than stay land locked and trek around the Bristol Channel, I wonder if there are any convenient ferry/tourist crossings from the north Devon coast to Swansea, or similar. Any info on this chaps?

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law