Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - Gear ! - Topo Maping

Author: John King
Posted: Mon 23rd Jul 2007, 20:30
Tony it really is not that difficult as long as you have the up to date version of mapsource and WinZip then you are home and dry.

Good Luck
John
Author: Tony Deall
Posted: Mon 23rd Jul 2007, 15:18
Local Group: Cumbria
Thanks for that John. I have finally looked at the SMC site and may try downloading some of the maps when I'm feeling brave.
Posted: Fri 13th Jul 2007, 9:35
Tony it can the topo mapping software can be found on

www.smc.org.uk/index.htm

lots of other valuable info on there as well

John
Author: Tony Deall
Posted: Wed 11th Jul 2007, 22:19
Local Group: Cumbria
Where do you get this free mapping? Probably too late as I've bought Garmin's Topo mapping for use with my new toy - a Garmin 60CSx.
The GPS plus mapping are certainly a major step forward from my old etrex summit.The acquisition and retention of signal is awesome by comparison.
Posted: Mon 9th Jul 2007, 22:22
Have been using the SMC 'Free' contour maps for about 2 years. If your GPS unit can handle downloaded mapping then this is an absolute MUST.
Posted: Sun 1st Jul 2007, 21:09
I have just downloaded the SMC topo maping (for free) to my gps and what a revelation the gps is transformed.

Equally up to the standards of the garmin product and for free

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law