Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - The Bothy - West highland way race

Author: John King
Posted: Fri 29th Jun 2007, 9:10
Sorry for the case of mistaken identity Garfield

John
Posted: Thu 28th Jun 2007, 21:01
Yep Jim had a good run as well in fact up as far as Kinghouse i was convinced Jim had me beat, and i am sure that would have been the case if he had not become ill.

Well done Jim.

John
Author: Tony Willey
Posted: Thu 28th Jun 2007, 20:54
Local Group: Lakeland
And two places behind in 27.28 was Jim Bispham, also from Kendal. Well done both!
Posted: Thu 28th Jun 2007, 20:40
Thanks for asking Matt it took me 27 hrs 1 minute, i had a great day out and thoroughly enjoyed every minute.

I figure myself and my support crew have done the Recce and next year we go back for the time, surprisingly my support are up for it as well.

Looking forward now to a few fell races and of course the next highlight The 43 mile RHAYADER MOUNTAIN TRAIL, Place already booked for it and a pitch booked at Wyeside camp site hoping for another good weekend there maybe even have a pint with you, as i beleive it is your stamping ground.

Better go now i reckon i am sounding to much like a runner rather than a Long Distance Walker
Author: Garfield Southall
Posted: Wed 27th Jun 2007, 21:59
Local Group: Merseystride
John, how did you get on ? Garfield
Posted: Fri 22nd Jun 2007, 14:54
Cheers tony i think the event has developed a little since you did it w now have to provide our own backup which if all goes well moves ahead of there runner to 8 official chcekpoints.

Still pretty low key though and we start at 0100hrs.i am really looking forward to it.

Bgr or Joss Naylor are penciled in for the near future but we shall see.

John
Author: Tony Deall
Posted: Fri 22nd Jun 2007, 12:58
Local Group: Cumbria
See my post of June 8th on the Saturday/Sunday thread.
Good luck and let us know how you get on.
Tony
Posted: Fri 22nd Jun 2007, 9:34
Thanks guys waterproofs and Avon SSS packed

I am all ready for the 0100hrs start bring it on i say.

Have a nice weekend everyone.
Author: Garfield Southall
Posted: Fri 22nd Jun 2007, 0:43
Local Group: Merseystride
Not out of order, John. Anything goes in The Bothy! Best of luck; and run faster than those damn midges !
Author: Matthew Hand
Posted: Thu 21st Jun 2007, 22:51
Local Group: Mid Wales
Good luck John, let us know how it goes. Don't forget the waterproofs!!! Matt.
Posted: Thu 21st Jun 2007, 22:22
Probably a bit out of order posting this here but i am running in the WHW race this weekend and i am curious to see if there are any other LDWA members racing, i do Know of at least one other.

John

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law