Discussion Forum - Events - Cant Canolbarth Marshall's Walk

Author: Garfield Southall
Posted: Wed 9th May 2007, 15:29
Local Group: Merseystride
Sorry for the typo, Ian !! Could be loads of puns there !! Garfield
Author: Nick Ham
Posted: Wed 9th May 2007, 12:30
Local Group: South Manchester
We had horse boxes on the South Shropshire Circular (I think) earlier this year. They do serve as good checkpoints.
I was marshalling at mile 96 on the Marshals'. I thoroughly enjoyed meeting all the walkers until the end of my duty at midnight Sunday/Monday. I was very impressed by the good humour and politeness of everyone, no matter how tired you might have been. I have the main event still to look forward to!
Nick Ham 19655
Author: Ian Koszalinski
Posted: Wed 9th May 2007, 0:07
Local Group: High Peak
looking forward to these hore boxes a definite first for a 100
Author: Garfield Southall
Posted: Tue 8th May 2007, 13:20
Local Group: Merseystride
Even two days after the event I have so many memories flooding back it's difficult to know where to start.
For those who are readying themselves for the main event, you have a real treat in store! The route is superb and the scenery magnificent. There are vast, wide-open panoramas, wonderful moorland trails which run for miles and lots and lots of ascent - 16,800 ft according to Tracklogs !! (is this a record for a 100?)
I'm preparing a blog with photos which I'll put up soon, but I just wanted to thank everyone for the great weekend. The checkpoint staff were stars - helpful and friendly and the food and drink perfect. Some checkpoints brilliantly utilised horeboxes as kitchens !! The memorable one for me was high on the moors near Beacon Hill - 2am, a campfire, a windy location with the awning flapping and Chris Rea singing the blues from the campervan - just like an American road-movie. Finally, a big "Thanks" to Wyn George who seemed to be at every checkpoint simultaneously !! Full of humour and energy and a real inspiration. Garfield

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law