Discussion Forum - Events - OXON 40

Author: Anne Wade
Posted: Wed 16th May 2007, 19:49
Local Group: Heart of England
Hear! Hear!
Author: Carol Coyne
Posted: Tue 15th May 2007, 12:13
Local Group: Surrey
Definitely a red kite. I saw a buzzard as well. Heard lots of chaffinches. Who needs ipods when there is lovely natural music to be heard!
Author: Fiona Cameron
Posted: Mon 7th May 2007, 8:31
Local Group: Surrey
I can only echo the comments above. Great event - good route with some familiar names from the Chiltern 100 although we didn't seem to be treading the same paths; good food; good weather. What better way to spend a Saturday?

Thanks to all in Thames Valley Group.
Author: Bill Lancashire
Posted: Sun 6th May 2007, 18:48
Local Group: South Wales
I agree with all that Rebecca said.

First time I have entered this event and I found it very enjoyable.

The weather couldn't have been better and yes, those bluebells - some still at their prime.

Excellent organisation especially route and food.

Yes, they were Red Kites that you saw. They seem to have taken very well to the Chilterns since being introduced there.

Bill.
Author: Rebecca Lawrence
Posted: Sun 6th May 2007, 11:50
Local Group: Marches
Fantastic scenery, great organisation. All the things i like about a walk - detailed route description with accurate milaeage, staggard start, great checkpoint food, and lovely meal at the end.

Views were stunning, lovely bluebell woods, deer - does anyone know anything about birds? Was that a Red Kite that we saw with the forked tail?

Only downside was the tight time restriction on the 40 route.

Well done - brilliant.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law