Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - Calderdale Hike

Author: Nick Ham
Posted: Thu 19th Apr 2007, 12:34
Local Group: South Manchester
Well done Alan and team. My calves are a lot better now, thanks. I can actually walk downstairs normally now. I should be right for Barbondale Round on Saturday.
Nick Ham 19655.
Author: Alan Gray
Posted: Wed 18th Apr 2007, 17:45
Hi nick, managed to finish the long walk and be in the first group home with peter,john and brian in a time of around 10 hours 35 mins which was a big surprise for me as i am not the fastest of walkers. It was probably the hottest april walk i have ever experienced and you could see a lot of people suffering,spending a long time in the shade of some checkpoints. I woke up sunday morning with sore shins which are still a bit tender today but well worth the aggro after finishing the walk and getting some miles in the legs for next months big walks. Hope your cramp clears up soon.
Alan 21124
Author: Nick Ham
Posted: Wed 18th Apr 2007, 12:52
Local Group: South Manchester
Did any reader out there manage to finish the Calderdale Hike last Saturday? If so you have my hearty congratulations. What a scorcher it turned out to be - the exact opposite of what we would expect for this event. I heard the retirement rate was a lot higher than usual. I was one of them, having got cramp in both calves like I've never had before. I can just about walk almost normally now, four days after the trauma!
Nick Ham 19655

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law