Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - DORSET GIANT ROUTE DESCRIPTION

Author: Chris Boden
Posted: Thu 26th Apr 2007, 17:38
Local Group: Beds, Bucks and Northants
Thanks for the kind offer, Mike - you have email.

The weather's looking great according to the Met Office - sunshine, light winds and 16°C, dropping to a mild 11°C at night (http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/sw/weymouth_forecast_weather.html).

Should be a good one!
Author: Michael Childs
Posted: Wed 18th Apr 2007, 21:29
Local Group: Dorset
Hi Chris,

The event secretary (that isn't me) will be supplying electronic copies of the RD to those who have requested one instead of hard copy, and supplied an email address.

However to save messing about, if you email me personally at home I will send a Word document copy.

mike

mwchilds@btinternet.com
Author: Chris Boden
Posted: Tue 17th Apr 2007, 15:40
Local Group: Beds, Bucks and Northants
Thanks Mike, the printed description arrived at the weekend (VERY detailed - paragraphs 1.0 and 1.1 must be some kind of record for "most description to cover least distance")!

Is there a electronic version of this available (Word document or the like)? I couldn't see one on the website and nothing's turned up by email yet.

I always like to get each stage of a long walk description onto its own sheet of A4, and having the file would remove the need for the scissors/glue/photocopier approach ....
Author: Michael Childs
Posted: Wed 11th Apr 2007, 20:50
Local Group: Dorset
Dear DG entrants

Following the outstanding success of the Giant Marshalls Walk (the search party recovered all the bodies eventually) the RD is now considered to be fit for purpose and will be hiiting your doormats (assumimg that you suplied an A5 SAE) and screens, very soon.

All accepted entrants should be getting the RD in the next few days.

The feedback back from the Marshalls Walk is that the route is really nice, but quite tough.

I have "debugged" the RD in the light of our marshalls comments and think it is operationally accurate.

BUT please read the RD carefully, especially at night and remember that your map and compass are not just accessories. AND we want you to wear something bright at night

There will also be some extra special designer "Giant Approved" hiviz reflective bag tags available at the start, for the truly fashionable and safety conscious.

But safety is your responsibility as well, although there is actually very little road walking at night, you cannot avoid it altogether.

The Marshalls also reported that numerous members of the Dorset Woolly Gang have been seen in some fields on route. They are easy to identify because they are small, white, very woolly and they bleat a lot. They send their regards to all entrants.

See you all soon

mike childs

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law