Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - GIANT SELLS OUT

Author: Michael Childs
Posted: Wed 21st Mar 2007, 22:23
Local Group: Dorset
Dear Rebecca and Steve,

I do not deal directly with the actual entries, so you will need to pose your enquiry re: confirmation of entry to the event secretary, by email at hardy.annual@btinternet.com.

BUT please do not ring him, unless the need to know immediately is really desperate.

The RD will be issued to entrants after the Marshalls Walk, which is the last weekend in March. After checking the route description, this probably means sometime around the second week in April.

Do not fear, if your entry has been accepted, the RD will definitely follow in good time.

mike
Author: Rebecca Lawrence
Posted: Wed 21st Mar 2007, 13:26
Local Group: Marches
Yes, I hope my partner and I have got in as I've already booked a couple of dodgy hotels before and after one in a pub with a four poster bed....hmmm)Let me know thanks.
Author: Steve Jelfs
Posted: Wed 21st Mar 2007, 9:02
Local Group: Heart of England
can you please tell me when we will know if we have got on the event and when will the route description be sent out ???thank you in advance for your help
Author: Michael Childs
Posted: Tue 20th Mar 2007, 21:32
Local Group: Dorset
With apologies to anyone who was still intending to enter our wonderful 2007 Dorset Giant 100K challenge walk, I have to tell you that Dorset LDWA Group have now reached (and even slightly overreached) their official 200 limit. We are a small group and this is a big event

If anyone is disappointed, I am sorry, but the limit is the limit and we simply cannot accept any more entries. AND - No entries can be accepted on the day..

Did I hear someone ask about the 2010 Giant? Give us a break folks, we have had enough work to organise this one.

For those of you wise enough, and quick enough to have gained that magic entry, the old boy is looking good.

The route is amazing and scenic, the mud in places is very squishy, the bluebells are coming on nicely and the checkpoints are going to be some of the most luxurious you will ever experience. What more can anyone want?

mike childs

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law