Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - South Shropshire Circular - Marches Group

Posted: Thu 22nd Mar 2007, 10:01
It was.
Author: Nick Ham
Posted: Thu 1st Mar 2007, 12:50
Local Group: South Manchester
Wasn't me - couldn't run with one of those inside me. Are you sure it wasn't the checkpoint staff? :-)
Author: Steve Jelfs
Posted: Wed 28th Feb 2007, 20:04
Local Group: Heart of England
who ate all the bacon butties?????( we got there at 1-30 only to find they had all gone ) yes was a great walk in every way
Author: Nick Ham
Posted: Wed 28th Feb 2007, 13:29
Local Group: South Manchester
Hear Hear! It was my most enjoyable SSC so far - a rare spot of orienteering. Unusually for me, navigation went perfectly and the route and scenery were spectacular as always. I enjoyed spotting the bits of the Long Mynd Hike this route took us along. I believe this 25-mile route was the same as the inaugural route 25 years ago. Very appropriate. The tuna rice meal at the end was very good. I was so impressed I copied the recipe for dinner on Sunday evening.
Author: Carole Elizabeth Engel
Posted: Sat 24th Feb 2007, 21:15
Local Group: Calderdale
Want to say a huge thank you to a small group who put on a big walk - excellent plot and bash event which makes the best use of an area well blessed with hills, or should I say "tumuli". Couldn't fault a thing and everything was done to ensure we had a great day out - friendly welcome from all, tea and toast to start, CP's strategically placed to keep all on route, unbelievable CP food including a bacon butty and huge variety of cake and a choice of hot food at the end (including two dishes I have never had at an event before). This bodes EXTREMELY well for the Wales 100!

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law