Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - Hebden Valley Heritage

Author: Nick Ham
Posted: Thu 1st Mar 2007, 13:26
Local Group: South Manchester
I agree with all of above. Thanks Alan, Carole and all the willing helpers and marshals. It was a great event to kick off the New Year. I'll definitely be back next year.
Author: Simon Leck
Posted: Tue 27th Feb 2007, 12:47
Local Group: Yorkshire Coast
Well Done Carole & Alan - I enjoyed it as well - Hope you run it next Year...

Simon.
Author: John Williams
Posted: Mon 5th Feb 2007, 12:13
Local Group: The Irregulars
This was a challenging and enjoyable new walk which I would highly reccomend.Plenty of mud and hills were encountered.The date it was held was spot on because it bwas the Saturday which used to be Scarborough Rock day when many people want to get out and shake of New Year lethargy'
Author: Carole Elizabeth Engel
Posted: Sat 13th Jan 2007, 18:38
Local Group: Calderdale
I have some lost property, so if anyone can claim it, please get in touch:

caroleengel@yahoo.co.uk 01484 606850
Author: Anne Wade
Posted: Wed 10th Jan 2007, 20:16
Local Group: Heart of England
Yes. A superb event and my quads have only just stopped aching after all the hills! Thanks very much to Carole, Alan and all the marshals and helpers. Geoff also put in an impressive performance - running the long route, as well as serving bacon butties at the start and jacket potatoes at the end. An amazing feat. Well done and it'll be in the diary for next year!
Author: Carole Elizabeth Engel
Posted: Tue 9th Jan 2007, 22:13
Local Group: Calderdale
Many thanks to all of you who have shown your appreciation for Alan Greenwood's and my first attempt at being on the other side of challenge eventing. We tried hard to please and it looks like we have succeeded.

Delighted to find that Clive is actually a member of own, very small group! Could this mean that our fervent prayers for extra marshals next year have been answered?
Author: Clive Greatorex
Posted: Tue 9th Jan 2007, 16:52
Local Group: South of Scotland
Agreed - many thanks to Carole and all the helpers for such a magnificant event. I only did the 14 miler but thoroughly enjoyed my day out, and as the organiser of a local fell race, can understand all of the hard work that goes into organising and running an event like this.
many thanks and see you all next year.
Clive
Author: Merrian Lancaster
Posted: Mon 8th Jan 2007, 16:20
Local Group: Beds, Bucks and Northants
results are on......

http://www.alangreenwood.biz/hvh/index.html
Author: Norman Corrin
Posted: Mon 8th Jan 2007, 10:36
Local Group: Beds, Bucks and Northants
Just a note to say thanks to Carole Engel and her band of helpers for putting on a superb event on Saturday. Glorious scenery, sufficient food at checkpoints but a lot of mud. At time more like langlauf ski-ing than walking. The cows up there moved as well unlike the concrete ones here in Milton Keynes. Once again Carole thank you. A grand day out.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law