Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - The Bothy - Cyberattack

Author: Julian White
Posted: Thu 2nd Dec 2021, 7:00
Local Group: Norfolk & Suffolk
Sincere apologies, we're aware of a problem where some members haven't received the Cyber attack e-mail and our IT team is looking into this now.

With regards to changing passwords, the options are listed at:

https://ldwa.org.uk/news/news_story.php?news_id=627

There are options to either request a password reset or to change the password.

Julian.
Author: Geoff Crowder
Posted: Wed 1st Dec 2021, 12:49
Local Group: South Manchester
@ Allan Gould
Same here, I received the NEC newsletter containing a summary of the breach, but no separate communication.

Also, in case anyone deleted the NEC email, it contained a direct link to a page where you could change your password manually to anything of your choice.
Bizarrely, unless I'm being particularly dense today and missed it, this page cannot be reached from within the LDWA website:- I've emailed the LDWA web admin to record the fact.
Maybe they don't trust people to use good strong passwords of their own. Frankly after many years experience, I wouldn't blame them!.
Author: Allan G H Gould
Posted: Tue 30th Nov 2021, 16:21
Local Group: Nidderdale
Noted: https://ldwa.org.uk/news/news_story.php?menu=Y&news_id=626
Author: Allan G H Gould
Posted: Tue 30th Nov 2021, 16:17
Local Group: Nidderdale
Just received the e-mail "News from the National Executive Committee - November 2021" which contains the paragraph:

"STOP PRESS This Newsletter was already in production and then delayed by the Cyberattack which occurred on Friday 26th November. All members will have received a communication about the attack. A report will be included in the December Newsletter."

1. I didn't get a communication about the attack. I've checked my spam filters (and the fact that I got the November News e-mail would testify that I'm receiving LDWA e-mail). Did anyone else get (or not get) the said communication about the attack?
2. if data has been compromised, it would be nice to know before next month's newsletter

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law