Posted: Wed 14th Sep 2022, 7:24
Local Group: North Yorkshire
Thanks for info Aaron
Author: Aaron Hookway
Posted: Tue 13th Sep 2022, 15:54
Local Group: Vermuyden (South Yorks)
All

Merchandise is my very last job

At present i have 150 pieces of kit packaged awaiting posting, The first 20 went today, the rest should be away by Tuesday next week (i would say Monday but we know why)

Aaron
Author: Stephen Hall
Posted: Sun 11th Sep 2022, 20:44
Just wondering when merchandise ordered will be arriving 🤔
Author: Simon Pipe
Posted: Thu 23rd Jun 2022, 16:42
Local Group: Heart of England
Galleries of checkpoint and headquarters pictures are now live on the LDWA's flickr account:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/195869150@N06/albums

I was primarily shooting video, so many of these are screenshots - painfully slow work for mixed results.

I did the same for the 9am start, unaware that Andy Todd had posted pin-sharp pictures of all the 9am starters and presumably later starters too. Some of my screenshot images are poor so for the 10 o'clock start, I plan to post only the video - eventually. See Andy's links in his post below, and also John's.
Author: Alan Stewart
Posted: Thu 9th Jun 2022, 11:38
Local Group: Kent
What is the procedure regarding lost property? I mislaid walking poles and a Sealskinz bobble hat during the event. I am currently still here in South Yorkshire but going back to London tomorrow morning 10th June, so may be able to collect if the items have been found.

Regards

Alan Stewart
Author: John Pennifold
Posted: Wed 8th Jun 2022, 16:59
Local Group: London
My video from the LDWA 100 2022 Trans Pennine
https://youtu.be/kVoa1VcgE2g
Author: John Pennifold
Posted: Mon 6th Jun 2022, 21:59
Local Group: London
My photos from the Trans-Pennine 100 miles walk
https://www.flickr.com/photos/john_pp/albums/72177720299596733
Author: Andy Todd
Posted: Sun 5th Jun 2022, 21:22
Local Group: Wiltshire
Author: John Cunnane
Posted: Thu 2nd Jun 2022, 15:08
Local Group: South Wales
Many thanks Kevin. J.
Author: Kevin Pearson
Posted: Wed 1st Jun 2022, 7:40
Good Morning John,
The link for the main event is :
https://track.trail.live/event/ldwa100

You should have received this and further info about use of the tracker in a recent email from SIEntries

Regards
Kevin
Author: John Cunnane
Posted: Wed 1st Jun 2022, 5:30
Can I just check - does this link (from the Marshalls 100) allow friends & family to follow participants this weekend? Or is there a new link for the main event? Thanks, J. https://track.trail.live/event/ldwa100-m
Author: David Morgan
Posted: Tue 31st May 2022, 8:01
Hi Yumi - It's logistically very difficult to check 500 entrants' kit at the start of the walk. You will be asked to sign a declaration that you have all the equipment.
If you're like me, check, check and check again!!
Regards,
David
Author: Yumi Bagge
Posted: Mon 30th May 2022, 21:09
Local Group: Thames Valley
Could I ask for kit check?

I can understand it happens randomly during the walk, but I'd also appreciate it if happens at HQ before we walk?

I think I've prepared for everything, but I do not want to be DQed just because I didn't carry the required items AFTER I started walking...

Best wishes,
Yumi
Author: Michael Childs
Posted: Mon 30th May 2022, 13:49
Local Group: Dorset
Is the GR- SE401031 given for the Netherwood roundabout (on the TP website direction for the event HQ) off the A 633 completely correct ? This puts the Netherwood roundabout at the junction of Station Road and Valley Way on the A633. Should it actually be a slightly different GR for the Dove Valley Way roundabout, which is the next roundabout a little to the north west of this on the A633 ?. I am not familiar with the area and event access to Netherwood Academy but if it is via Dove Valley Way this seems to require a slightly different GR to the one given .
Author: Jeff Stevens
Posted: Thu 26th May 2022, 20:48
Local Group: West Yorkshire
Thanks Aaron
you will be able to rest after next week. see you next friday
Author: Nichola Jackson
Posted: Wed 25th May 2022, 11:40
Thank you for your help Aaron 😊
Posted: Wed 25th May 2022, 11:09
Jeff

Rab Ark emergency Bivi - as long it is a bag and not a sheet. Happy Happy

Sat Map 20 with Electronic Compass- I will point you in the direction of rule 9.2 with part of 9.1
9.2 Maps in electronic format will also be allowed provided durability and adequate power supply for 48 hours can be demonstrated if requested by a marshal.
9.1 OS 1:25,000 (this scale is a must)

Showers - there is indeed showers at breakfast (may be a queue!) and plenty at the school, it being a modern school. They are located just of the 'morgue'

Aaron
Posted: Wed 25th May 2022, 11:03
Hi Nichola

Regarding your start time
If you mail Sandy at T-P100_Entries@hotmail.com he will be able to change your start time
Regarding the survival bag, i can see from Facebook you have a number of replies. I can tell you that piece of kit in question will pass either kit check

Aaron
Posted: Wed 25th May 2022, 9:21
I'm also having a quandary over the emergency bag. I have a very light/compact "amazefan" survival bag and would like to know the criteria for this item. I don't want to arrive and my kit not be accepted after all the work training! Sorry to keep asking questions. :)
Posted: Tue 24th May 2022, 19:24
Aaron is there showers at the breakfast stop and at the finish,
cheers jeff
Posted: Tue 24th May 2022, 19:22
Aaron sorry to be a pain . I think you have already told us I have a Satmap 20 with full gps 125000 on I have sufficient power for the Duration of the Event . This Also has an Electronic Compass on as well.
I also take my Garmin fenix 6 to track me and has a compass on. Will I be ok not taking the Maps and a normal type compass.
Regards JEFF
Posted: Tue 24th May 2022, 19:10
Aaron Bivi bags. I have a Rab Ark emergency Bivi which is really small to Carry. I took it on the Hadrian's 100 and its ok for the fellsman. Will this be ok for the Trans Pennine 100 . It is a foil Blanket but pretty Robust.
Cheers Jeff
Posted: Tue 24th May 2022, 18:37
Hi,

I have put my expected start time as 10am.. Can I start at 9am if it is not too much bother?

Thanks
Posted: Tue 24th May 2022, 9:41
Hi Chantel

The IT team are working tirelessly with the tracker people to get this info to you in good order. I will post here & Facebook once it goes live.

Hi Neil
I am assuming tis is too your first event, welcome. The tags you receive will be at registration. Two numbered tags (your number). A red tag & a green tag.

Green tags go to breakfast (your breakfast bag), Red tags stay at the school (your finish bag)

Aaron
Author: Neil Bromley
Posted: Mon 23rd May 2022, 20:57
Aaron
Will we have luggage labels sent to us or do we collect at registration? If so, do I assume that our preferred start times are confirmed? And if we're to supply our own, labels we'll need our start numbers.

Apologies if I have missed the obvious, but I can't find reference to this on your site - and past experience suggests it is probably staring me in the face but I'm too senile to see it!

Neil
Author: Chantal Bland
Posted: Mon 23rd May 2022, 16:35
Local Group: Cornwall & Devon
Do you know whether we will be given our tracker numbers in advance? I won't have WiFi when I'm doing the challenge, so it won't be easy to give my friends and family this information if I don't have it beforehand. Also, is there a separate website they will need to log onto to see our progress? Thanks, Chantal
Posted: Mon 23rd May 2022, 8:20
Hi Philip

The RD was changed slightly after the marshals event

nothing to do with the route, just a few gates now missing, ladder styles now kissing gates etc.

A little better grammar in areas, I am not the best.

Latest FINAL RD now live on the webpage
https://ldwa.org.uk/2022Hundred/W/8204/rd-gpx.html

Aaron
Author: Philip Friede
Posted: Sat 21st May 2022, 11:50
Local Group: Beds, Bucks and Northants
Aaron

Have there been any amendments to the route description since the marshals event?

Philip
Posted: Fri 20th May 2022, 18:21
Personally I dont like bladders. Hard to fill and difficult to manage. I also quite like the option of having something different in each bottle (water/squash/tablets/cola).

The WAA system is how it is designed by them, with the bottles sitting in pouches on the chest straps.

I cant see why you could not have longer tubes from the bottles, the tube length would not be much longer than a normal bladder tube, and no different to a bum bag bladder. Given you will have to be manufacturing something just buy a length of PVC hose of the correct diameter (10mm?), some bite valves, and experiment
Posted: Fri 20th May 2022, 17:48
Alan Stewart

I have used such a drinks system for many years now and find it to be excellent if you want to hydrate while on the move, but have the simplicity of bottles rather than a bladder.
As you mention, adding hydration tablets/powder is also very easy when you are filling your bottle.
The system I have is “SmarTube BlueDesert Hydration Tube System For Drinks� and can be picked up on Ebay for under a tenner. It comes with a couple of tops which should fit most standard bottles – I use 750ml mineral water bottles.

Only issue I have ever had was when the breather valve stopped working correctly, thus creating a vacuum inside the bottle – easily solved by holding open the bite valve.
Posted: Fri 20th May 2022, 15:46
Andy Todd

I loved your pictures of the TP 100 Marshals Walk and David's video, both gave us a flavour of the what to expect on the main event.

I wondered if you could help, for this years 100 I an thinking of changing from the bladder i use in the back of my Rucksac to water bottles in the side pockets, I see from you rpictures you use the WAA 75ml bottles, do you think it would be possible to us a longer drinking tube with those bottles so I didn't have to remove one from the side pocket every time I wanted to drink?

The main reason for the change is the bottles are less time consuming to refill and add Hydration powder to, as every little bit of time saved at a checkpoint adds up at my slow pace.

Thanks, Alan
Posted: Fri 20th May 2022, 10:10
Hi Laura

The RD I uploaded on the 9th May is the final version, no more amendments to make.

The version numbers are immaterial as the RD given to me was protected and I had no idea how to remove.

Aaron
Author: Laura Turner
Posted: Thu 19th May 2022, 15:27
... sorry, I think I've answered my own question, as the version number is identical.
Posted: Thu 19th May 2022, 14:28
Hi Aaron, Do you mean that the version you uploaded on 9th May is the final latest version, or have you made more amendments since then? (I had already printed it.)
Laura
Posted: Thu 19th May 2022, 14:26
Aaron
I recced part of the route just before the Marshalls walked it and had printed out the route description beforehand. I have since added my own notes to it. It would be very time consuming to compare your final version line by line with my earlier one in order to find the amendments. Do you have a list of the amendments made since the Marshalls walked the route?
Regards
Philip
Posted: Tue 17th May 2022, 12:55
John

The Final Version online is the latest (i have now removed the recce and Marshals RD)

The definitive version with no more amendments

Aaron
Posted: Tue 17th May 2022, 11:05
Thank you Aaron it is spectacular over the Crags easy missed with the views
Author: John Esslemont
Posted: Tue 17th May 2022, 10:49
Aaron,

Your correspondence with Jeff led me to look again at the route description for this section, and I am puzzled by the reference at 13.11 to a TPT sign, as the route appears to be well off the TPT by this point.

On another matter, I note that you have referred to the current version of the route description as "the very latest". Can we assume that it is the final version? I don't want to print it if there are liable to be further changes.

John
Posted: Tue 17th May 2022, 10:13
Jeff

You are correct, you cross the Oughtibridge Road into the 'old' industrial park. enter Wharncliffe Side through the squeeze style.
Passing the tattoo parlor (this is new) with said dog, take the gravel path to the right (Barnsley Boundary walk - Not TPT) this may be arrowed (if i get 5 minutes to do so)
Follow this up a short sharp hill and directly across the cross path onto a wide path (there is a fluorescent marker on the seat to the left)
Follow this wide undulating path for approx. 8oom to find now a brand new kissing gate (no longer a ladder style) again taped.
Follow the path past the aerial mast and onto the Elsecar Skelter Path turning left towards the houses.
Through the gate and continue on metaled road, as the road begins to go slightly up hill (in daylight the VERY VERY large stone is visible) (it is as big as a large van!).
Even in darkness the obvious path to the left takes you through the silver birch trees and onto Wharncliffe Crags (this is where a marker post and self clip E will be)

As for the Seated gate you mention on the Skelter route, this is a problem; as we now take you down the DO NOT take the gate to the right at the seat by pain of death, it is a much quicker way to the pond.....

Not long now folks 17 days....

Aaron
Author: Yumi Bagge
Posted: Mon 16th May 2022, 20:19
David,

I've watched your YouTube video ... this would be my very first 100 and the video is so helpful to mentally prepare for... I won't be near good like your walk, but I'll do my best.

Many many thanks for sharing the video with us!

Yumi
Posted: Mon 16th May 2022, 19:37
Hi Aaron
Bit of info please ,when looking for self clip E going towards Wharncliffe crags you go through the metal gate pass the house with the black barking dog . Going up the hill there is a gravely path going onto Wharncliffe crags. If you go up the road a little there is a gate you can turn left onto the crags down a path is this the path to take to the self clip. Apologies I missed the big stone to busy taking the views in.
Cheers Jeff
Ps you were right about the gate exiting the top of the crags sure Peter will use this on the Elsecar Skelter you may have to put a self clip on for that once everyone has done the 100.
Posted: Mon 9th May 2022, 8:28
Morning

This morning I have uploaded the very latest RD ready for the Main Event

I look forward to seeing all in 25 days

Aaron

Author: Ian Hull
Posted: Sun 8th May 2022, 15:51
Local Group: South Pennine
The supplied gpx shows 12753 feet of ascent/descent .
Author: John Esslemont
Posted: Sun 8th May 2022, 6:57
I am surprised that, after several months, nobody has pointed out that the route (apparently) finishes 4474 feet above the starting point: see totals of table at https://ldwa.org.uk/2022Hundred/W/6583/route-overview.html! Looks a good route though: I am looking forward (if not over-confidently) to the event.
Author: Shirley Hume
Posted: Wed 4th May 2022, 13:14
Simon started an hour after everyone else, on the 10.00am start - hence the physical finish order is different to the results
Author: Iain Connell
Posted: Wed 4th May 2022, 12:35
Local Group: East Lancashire
Congratulations Wendy for finishing first (though the tracking software seems to think you were second behind Simon Pipe ?) at 17:30 on Sunday.

On the tracker, it wasn't easy to show individual 'blobs' (rather than dots) on the route map until there was some separation between them, and that was with only 29 (blobs), so I think it will very difficult if not impossible with c400 (450 registered) on the main event. But there didn't seem to be problems with loss of signal. I liked the continuously updating ranking tables.
Author: Wendy Leete
Posted: Wed 4th May 2022, 6:41
A big thank you to all the organisers, Marshall's and those providing norishment on this weekends Marshall's event. It's not easy when there are such a small number of entries walking such a long distance.....it's what makes the LDWA so special....you have to be slightly quirky to be in it...!!
Posted: Tue 3rd May 2022, 15:39
I checked to see that the comatose local was breathing. Once confirmed, I got back to the task of walking 100 miles as opposed to catching 40 winks!! The can was a real giveaway!!!
Posted: Tue 3rd May 2022, 15:04
Phillip,
Tarmacked old railway tracks, minimal road crossings, and ~50m of ascent. Only real challenge was avoiding the bikes and the comatosed locals asleep on the track.
Posted: Tue 3rd May 2022, 9:15
Hi Aaron
From looking at the track.trail times I can see that you completed the first leg to Gilroyd Lane at over 4 mph. In fact, remarkably, 20 of the 29 starters walked the first leg at 4.00 mph or faster. What was it that enabled so many of you to record such a fast time?
Posted: Tue 3rd May 2022, 7:35
In recent years I have tried to make videos of my attempts at walking the LDWA 100 mile routes. The video is made for my memories but I'm happy to share them, particularly as I tend to walk the marshals' event which is always held roughly a month before the main event. This means that entrants can see some of the route if they desire.

This year my offering is nearly 30 minutes long, so please bear that in mind!! I won't be offended if you think it's boring 😂

With thanks to Simon Pipe and Roderick Hollands who did some of the filming!
https://youtu.be/hwGyn_NPjM4
Author: Alan Warrington
Posted: Sun 1st May 2022, 18:09
Absolutely marvellous being able to track the Trans Pennine 100 marshals as they take on the challenge of completing 💯 miles within 48 elapsed hours.
Seeing the actual progress dot watching, via live GPS tracking, is completely addictive and the main event is going to be so much fun for family and friends of those taking on this extra ordinary challenge.
Blooming fantastic…..
Well done everyone.
Author: Iain Connell
Posted: Fri 29th Apr 2022, 15:46
Good luck to everyone on the Marshal's. It's been a long time.
Iain
Posted: Fri 29th Apr 2022, 9:31
It's the marshals' walk this weekend and for the first time ever, live trackers will be used which aid safety from the perspective of the organiser and add (for some!!) compelling dot watching for others.

https://track.trail.live/event/ldwa100-m
Posted: Wed 27th Apr 2022, 14:26
Thanks Jeff

Weather looks promising, no wading waist deep through Black Hill streams.

Best of luck to us 29

Aaron
Posted: Wed 27th Apr 2022, 11:23
Hi Aaron/ All
Wishing all the Marshals good look this weekend on the Marshals walk .you lucky lot.
hope the weather is good for you apart from early Saturday looks good walking weather.
See you all soon Jeff
Posted: Wed 20th Apr 2022, 11:34
Hi Bill

A tracklogs or similar that covers the entire route at a scale 1.25 or lower (in sections and water tight)
That can be shown to any marshals i.e. the Kit Check

Would indeed pass muster

Aaron
Author: Bill Pritchard
Posted: Tue 19th Apr 2022, 22:52
Hi Aaron /All,
Past 100's we have carried paper copies of the route, Tracklogs or equivalent and not necessarily the OS maps.
A margin either side of the route was required to cover possible deviations off route. This had been acceptable to the past rules,
These were ideal as the route is highlight and each section could be accommodated within a couple of sheets, with a 'better' (lower) scale than 1:25000.
As per rule 9, it is now mandatory to carry both maps (if an individual does not have electronic mapping)
Is the use of paper copies only an omission from 2022 rules or a change of policy?
Thanks, Bill.
Posted: Tue 19th Apr 2022, 11:46
Thank you Aaron Top man
Posted: Sun 17th Apr 2022, 19:23
Hi Jeff

P&P is free if picking up on the day (weekend) of the event. £3.50 thereafter.

If you look at the bottom of our merch webpage you can find at present one form of a souvenir map*

https://ldwa.org.uk/2022Hundred/W/8207/merchandise.html

*BE WARNED neither will pass muster at either kit check, only 2 maps are required for the entire route 278 Sheffield & Barnsley and OL1 Dark Peak
Both are available from good stockists,
Posted: Thu 14th Apr 2022, 8:26
Aaron will there be a souvenir Map This year and if so where do we buy from.
Many Thanks Jeff
Posted: Thu 14th Apr 2022, 8:22
Aaron just putting an order in for some cups and clothes . Just making sure p and p are free if you pick up on the day of the 100.
cheers jeff
Posted: Fri 1st Apr 2022, 15:34
Pity about the loss of the photos of those knees (although I hope we dont have the snow) ;-)

One you have introduced with that, is at Wortley Rugby Club, I dont think RD and GPX match there now

Also you might also want to check the section at Beeley Woods, just after crossing the railway. I *think* the RD and GPX are taking different paths, but it is a difficult spot to work out from the mapping.

If someone is only using the GPX, then there may be an issue when you come onto the Long Causeway at Stanage Edge, The point reduction means the GPX starts to go up the track to the top,

Final one (for now), the GPX just after CP1, doesnt look right.
Posted: Fri 1st Apr 2022, 13:27
Hi Andrew

Well spotted that man...

"Looks like someone went to the toilet" - looks like they did indeed, sorted now straightened out

"Stop for coffee/lunch?" - Went to the old CP for some reason at Wortley church, now showing correct CP at Rugby club

"Didn't use the underpass?" - Must have needed another hill, sorted

"I think the RD takes the other path (Lady Wharncliffs's Road)" - I have amended, i will be honest and say there are a million paths onto the edge, it is here self clip E is going to be (a thank god point) rather than a short cut clip

V 2.0 can now be found online

Aaron
Posted: Fri 1st Apr 2022, 11:21
Aaron,

Forgot to write down all the spots noticed on the map. Should say that I am looking at it virtually not in real life., so there is a significant possibility of me misinterpreting the mapping.

Below are some I quickly refound found, hope there is enough on the screen capture for you to work out where these are:

Looks like someone went to the toilet

Stop for coffee/lunch?

Didnt use the underpass?

I think the RD takes the other path (Lady Wharncliffs's Road)

Doubt either of these will be an issue for anyone (but it is where I started noticing it). The section coming down to Crowden looks a bit off in places from the path, and it crosses the spillway after the CP, rather than the bridge.

FWIW the blue line is the GPX, with blue boxes being the GPX points. Please ignore the red boxes (that is what I am doing, and it is where the text in the RD applies on the ground)
Posted: Fri 1st Apr 2022, 9:07
Morning Andrew

An interesting post

The GPX was created by the team walking the route in conjunction with the RD.

I have checked the route this morning online and although these GPX routes are a little point to point it appears in good order to me.

That said if you give me the areas you found on your recce i will of course have a look

Aaron
Posted: Thu 31st Mar 2022, 13:14
Is there a better GPX file than the one published?

Having gone through the GPX, there are a number of points where the fairly low point count means that the GPX is some distance (>10m) off the route, some points where the gpx takes a different route to the RD, and some where the GPX takes a diversion off the route.
Posted: Fri 11th Mar 2022, 15:55
Afternoon Nichola

The rules state that the maps required are:
9.1 OS 1:25,000 Explorer OL1 Dark Peak & 278 Sheffield & Barnsley or
9.2 Maps in electronic format will also be allowed provided durability and adequate power supply for 48 hours can be demonstrated if requested by a marshal.

Kind regards
Aaron
Posted: Fri 11th Mar 2022, 5:43
Thank you Sara,

I fully understand and know that self sufficiency is required. However as the mandatory kit list states that maps, compass and RD in electronic format are acceptable (provided adequate battery supply for 48 hours can be demonstrated). I wondered if anybody planned to navigate or has done in the past using a Garmin fenix 6x or other mapping device and electronic format for RD instead of paper copies. Or would it be necessary to carry both paper os maps aswell?
Author: Sara Dyer
Posted: Thu 10th Mar 2022, 18:07
Local Group: The Irregulars
Hi Nichola,
The 100 is an event for individuals and each participant must therefore be self sufficient and carry all the mandatory kit. Many people plan to walk with friends, or walk long stretches with people they meet on the way, but everyone must be prepared and able to walk by themselves - best laid plans and all that!
Looking forward to seeing you in June,
Sara.
100s co-ordinator.
Posted: Wed 9th Mar 2022, 15:55
Hi

A question about navigation and mandatory kit.

Myself and partner will be completing (hopefully) the 100 together. With regard to the required paper maps. Would it be acceptable for him to have the maps and compass in his kit and me to use navigation on my Garmin fenix 6x/komoot on my phone? I will be carrying a battery charger pack that will recharge all devices. I am aware kit sharing is not permitted but would this cover all bases.

Many thanks.
Posted: Thu 3rd Mar 2022, 16:48
Pete,
Another recce option might be for you to catch the train to Silkstone Common and then walk back to Holmbridge.
It's not far from the station to pick the route up at the start of section 2.7 and would be about 17 miles.
The route before that is easy to follow along the Trans Pennine Trail with just a very short section off to get to CP1.
Author: Pete George
Posted: Mon 28th Feb 2022, 20:45
Local Group: Cumbria
Many thanks Kevin and Frank, that's really helpful. I'm stopping in Holmebridge for a week in late March and your information is really helping with planning out the days as I'm taking a further look at options this evening.

Thanks again, Pete
Posted: Mon 28th Feb 2022, 16:01
Pete George
The northern section of the route is well served by the Huddersfield – Sheffield railway line. Trains are every hour and there are stations at Elsecar(CP16), Wombwell (HQ) and Penistone(CP2).
There are also stations at Shepley and Denby Dale, which are fairly close to Birds Edge(CP3).
You could also combine with bus service (314 – every hour) from Holme Village (just after CP4) or Holmbridge(CP4) towards Huddersfield, which goes through Brockholes and Honley, which both have stations on the same rail line.

I'm also looking at using the Sheffield-Manchester rail line for section between Mam Tor (Edale station) and Hathersage.

I think you may also be able to get a bus from Wombwell to Pilley, but not too much extra mileage to make a circular route around that section of the walk.
Posted: Mon 28th Feb 2022, 15:41
Afternoon Graham

1. Will this area be secure? I am thinking of putting up a tent on the Thursday and leaving it up until I return after the walk. Is it likely to still be there when I get back?
The area the school has put to one side is adjacent to the car park, the car park has a gate that will be open on Friday am only. If turning up Thursday evening (you must be self sufficient) I may be able to get you into the ground. As the area is behind the gate that will have security over the weekend it should be there on your return.

2. If I have my tent there on the Sunday, does the 1PM to leave the premises apply or can I stay as long as I wish?
As the school is only open to us until Sunday 1pm, it is then the carpark and premises must be vacated, the gate will be locked off, and we must leave.

3. Where are the pages referred to by "please check the relevant pages for these areas"?
I have placed a map on the HQ page where you can find the drop off car park, the campervan area (both in front of the gate). the marshals/body wagon area and the long term parking (Tents can be pitched here adjacent to the car park (not on the football pitches))
https://ldwa.org.uk/2022Hundred/W/6595/hq-netherwood-alc.html

Aaron
Author: Frank Tonge
Posted: Mon 28th Feb 2022, 5:42
Local Group: South Manchester
Peter George
Public transport is available on most of the route.
Holmbridge to Dinting is a little difficult.
Where will you be based?
Author: Graham Jones
Posted: Mon 28th Feb 2022, 5:04
Local Group: Northumbria
Hi
A question about camping

https://ldwa.org.uk/2022Hundred/W/6595/hq-netherwood-alc.html
states:
"The event is based at a school and we are permitted to providing areas for camping and mobile homes, these must be self sufficient from the Thursday night. Areas are set aside for camping and mobile homes will be outside the school grounds but within the area (school bus turning areas) please check the relevant pages for these areas."

1. Will this area be secure? I am thinking of putting up a tent on the Thursday and leaving it up until I return after the walk. Is it likely to still be there when I get back?
2. If I have my tent there on the Sunday, does the 1PM to leave the premises apply or can I stay as long as I wish?
3. Where are the pages referred to by "please check the relevant pages for these areas"?
Author: Pete George
Posted: Sun 27th Feb 2022, 7:03
Local Group: Cumbria
Thank you to the organising committee for uploading the draft route description for this year's 100. It looks a cracking route!
I'm planning a recce week at the end of March but am struggling with finding any linear legs where I could drive to the start, walk 16ish miles then get public transport back. Has anyone found any public transport options as part of any recce planning they are doing?

Cheers, Pete.
Posted: Wed 16th Feb 2022, 12:20
Hi Alan

I am assuming you mean The Woldsman is the option you cannot make. the Shropshire one is still viable

https://ldwa.org.uk/2022Hundred/W/7015/qualifying-events.html

I still believe the Spring in Lakeland is open as anytime challenge https://ldwa.org.uk/challenge_events/show_event.php?event_id=23767

I hope this assists and may see you out on a Vermuyden local walk soon

Aaron
Author: Alan Thomas
Posted: Tue 15th Feb 2022, 21:40
Evening all.

I'm wanting to do the 100 this year which will be my first but I am away for the 50mile qualifying event. Is there any other way to be able to participate in the 100?

Thanks
Alan.
Posted: Tue 15th Feb 2022, 17:28
Apologies all for the delay

Please find a selection of Merchandise we are to use on the T-P100

https://ldwa.org.uk/2022Hundred/W/8207/merchandise.html

The delay comes from Covid19 and Supplier issues

The Trans-Pennine Organizing team
Posted: Thu 10th Feb 2022, 10:59
Good morning Peter

I do apologize to all our Southern friends

A Ginnel https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/ginnel

Aaron
Author: Peter Jull
Posted: Wed 9th Feb 2022, 19:12
A foreign word has appeared in the RD. Are we mere southerners supposed to know what a ginnel is?
Posted: Fri 4th Feb 2022, 14:15
Thank you very much Aaron.
And, well done to you and the rest of the volunteers for getting the event to the stage it's now at. I'm sure that many, like me, will be looking at this route with considerable anticipation. There really are some lovely climbs to be enjoyed on this route and I for one am looking forward to reacquainting myself with paths that I have enjoyed backpacking along in the last 4 years.
I sincerely hope that the rest of the plans come together smoothly.
D
Posted: Fri 4th Feb 2022, 12:47
Please be advised the Official route description for any recce and GPX is now live on our webpage

Please be mindful of the countryside code and do not bring the reputation of the LDWA into any dispute

Kind regards
Trans-Pennine 100 organizing team
Posted: Wed 19th Jan 2022, 12:50
Afternoon Matthew

The GPX and RD will be available for recce purposes in February 2022.

Please bear with us we are working hard to bring the T-P100 to life

Aaron
Author: Matthew Daer
Posted: Tue 18th Jan 2022, 12:14
Is a GPX file of the route available yet? Sorry if I missed it I have checked all the obvious places.
Posted: Wed 12th Jan 2022, 9:47
Morning Jared

We as the T-P100 organizing committee are not to produce an official map to use as navigation.

That said, as 2022 is the jubilee year of the LDWA I have been asked by the NEC to give the route and some information to Harvey's Mapping to produce a LDWA 50yr Souvenir map for commemorative purposes only.
I am assuming this will be available through the LDWA Shop

Our Merchandise is to be placed on our event webpage soon.

Aaron
Author: Jared Walbridge
Posted: Tue 11th Jan 2022, 11:37
Local Group: Norfolk & Suffolk
Hi Aaron, I'm not sure if this has been asked already - sorry if so.
Will you be doing/ having an official supplier for a map covering the whole route for this year's 100?

Thanks - Jared
Posted: Wed 5th Jan 2022, 16:17
Good afternoon Nichola

The mantra out there for most of us 'hundred' completers is 'training for long walks is 'keep walking''.

Personally, I walk with my local group once a month for 20ish miles, I then like to walk two 50 mile challenge events running up to the weekend. Poppyline & Woldsman in 22
I know some who don't...
I have once again given the URL for the survivors guide compiled by Ken Falconer. Invaluable to a first timer.

For first timers having their first go at a 'hundred'
https://www.ldwa.org.uk/library/hundredsurvival/hundredsurvival.php

Aaron
Posted: Mon 3rd Jan 2022, 11:12
Hello and happy New Year all!

This is to be my first attempt at the 100 mile distance. Just wondered on the more experienced walkers/runners training plans? (I know it's not 1 size fits all) I'm predominantly a runner (term used loosely over long distance off road terrain) I've completed a 100km,3 x 50+ miles and numerous marathon distance events and challenges over previous years. For the 100 I know I need to fine tune navigation and nutrition as both are weak spots. In hope to simply finish I won't be doing much running and plan on mainly walking. Any advice, guidance or tips on training and kit would be greatly received.

Many thanks
Nichola 😊
Posted: Mon 20th Dec 2021, 16:24
Thank you Aaron, I will clean my glasses next time. Good job it's not a route description.
Posted: Tue 14th Dec 2021, 20:56
Evening Alan

You have appeared to have missed the underscore

You can find Jane at T-P100_Food@hotmail.com

Kind regards
Aaron
Posted: Tue 14th Dec 2021, 14:23
I have tried using the email address on SiEntries T-P100food@hotmail.com for diatary requirements, however it bounces back "mailbox unavailable" is there an alternative Email address?
Author: Sara Dyer
Posted: Mon 13th Dec 2021, 20:55
Local Group: The Irregulars
Sorry - but the kit list says waterproof trousers and they need to be full length, not shorts or a skirt. I invested in a pair of waterproof trousers (rather than over trousers) after the Valleys 100 as they are more comfortable for wearing all day, or even longer. Not sure the inhabitants of the Pennines are ready for 500 people in kilts!
Author: Bill Milbourne
Posted: Fri 10th Dec 2021, 21:25
Local Group: Northumbria
I dont know if this actually compels with the regulations but it looks a fantastic bit of kit. Waterproof trousers are hot and swaety but these look like they keep you dry and allow some ventilation as well so I hope they are legal
Posted: Fri 10th Dec 2021, 11:00
Looking at the required items I use a rain kilt like this https://www.amazon.co.uk/YANYODO-Waterproof-Lightweight-Rainwear-management/dp/B0857F3KH8

Would I also need to take a pair of waterproof trousers just to pass kit inspection?
Posted: Thu 2nd Dec 2021, 10:38
Thank you Aaron for your reply.

Your checkpoint provisions sound excellent and the bag forwarding brilliant!

This will be our first 'real' attempt at a hundred and it is a very very daunting but kinda exciting endeavour. What we keep on going over is how we felt after doing 52 miles in Y 100 Sir Fynwy and how impossible it would have been to that again. The fear of the suffering to come is a strong motivation to train hard over the winter which is oddly when we like to walk the most!
Posted: Tue 30th Nov 2021, 12:52
Afternoon Matthew

Thank you for the post, I am assuming this is your first attempt at a 'Hundred'.

We assure you every checkpoint will have a good variety of liquid refreshment, Inc. Tea/Coffee, Fizzy pop & Squash. You may also be lucky enough to sample a bottle of beer at certain checkpoints also.

All checkpoints bar 5 are in village halls and the such, toilet provisions will be available for a wash down etc. Most will await until the breakfast stop at Hathersage where your bag will be waiting for you with an entire change of clothes if desired.

I can probably say only a handful or less will get round in under 24hrs, We give 48hrs for everyone to get round (if you are away at 9am!!!)

Again many thanks to the 414 pre entries we have at present we are pretty certain a ballot will not be required....
https://www.sientries.co.uk/event.php?elid=Y&event_id=8781

Aaron
Posted: Mon 29th Nov 2021, 11:45
Thank you for the list of checkpoints and descprition of facilities at them.

Having never done a supported walk like this I would really appreciate some examples of the sorts of hot & cold foods and hot & cold drinks. Also is it likely ice or concentrated squashes for adding to camel backs might be provided? Or cans of fizzy drinks maybe coke etc... for the caffeine boost? On a long walk I learn to hate the drink I am drinking and feel changing the flavour will help me keep drinking.

Would it practical to be able wash down at some checkpoints in a toliet cubicle with with flannel and hot water?

As an aside how is it possible anyone can do this in 24 hours? My fastest walking pace going downhill is not much over 4mph!
Posted: Wed 17th Nov 2021, 21:51
Evening Nichola et all

The GPX is in process at present and will go live on the webpage at the same time as the RD at approx. FEB 22

And thanks too to the 390 pre entries we have at present, only approx. 150 entries left.

Aaron
Posted: Tue 16th Nov 2021, 16:13
Hi,

Will a gpx file for the route be released?

Many thanks

Nichola
Posted: Sat 6th Nov 2021, 22:26
Evening Richard

You are correct. It is our understanding that the 10am starters can get round in under 48hrs

The 9am starters are for the walkers less than 3mph, this time is open to give everyone time to get over Black Hill before nightfall

So the:
9am start gets 48hrs
10am start gets 47hrs
1pm start gets 44hrs

I hope this explains all to everyone, many thanks to the 367 pre entries already entered with a month to go.

Aaron
Author: Richard Haynes
Posted: Thu 4th Nov 2021, 10:06
Local Group: Essex & Herts
Hi,
Just so I have this right.
The time allowed is 48hrs from 09:00.
If the 10:00 start is choosen the time allowed would be 47hrs.

Thanks
Richard Haynes
Author: Nicky Wood
Posted: Tue 26th Oct 2021, 17:45
Local Group: Lakeland
Sorry, Lakeland email address should read: lakeland@ldwa.org.uk

(like Nigel I spot my mistakes too late - hey ho)
Author: Nicky Wood
Posted: Tue 26th Oct 2021, 17:42
Hi, Nicky Wood here from Lakeland. Tony Willey is looking after our Spring in Lakeland 50 Anytime Challenge so he might want to add to this thread but in the meantime can I confirm that our 50 mile anytime challenge is still available at the moment with a deadline of 31 December. Hope that helps. I am not sure what deadline you all have for qualifying as I am not a hundreds expert (nasty little things in my view; wouldn't see me near one other than behind a tea urn lol).

After 31 December Lakeland's aim is to walk away from management responsibilities for this event, allowing our team time to focus on our 2022 challenge events. We need to hear from people if this is presenting them with a problem please. lakeland@ldwa.org email address will be responded to by Tony and then we will be able to respond accordingly.

Hope that helps folks and good luck with your qualifiers.
Author: Nigel Coe
Posted: Tue 26th Oct 2021, 13:56
Thanks Aaron!
Posted: Tue 26th Oct 2021, 13:53
Afternoon Nigel

I have just found out the Tour de Trigs has been postponed to hopefully December 2022. A nice qualifier for the EBB 100 in 2023,

I have made amendments to the qualifier list pointing out the Spring in Lakeland anytime challenge has been extended.

If you get your skates on a quick yomp around the lakes may get you qualified within time limits.

That said. We are having discussions about adding both the 2022 Winter Poppyline and the 2022 Woldsman as possible qualifiers if 550 do not come forward before the December 6th closing date

Once again I thank the 298 entries so far received https://www.sientries.co.uk/event.php?elid=Y&event_id=8781

Aaron
Posted: Tue 26th Oct 2021, 12:53
I always see my mistakes just after I post - I meant to say 'the only currently enterable qualifying event is the Spring in Lakeland Anytime Challenge'.
Posted: Tue 26th Oct 2021, 12:50
Unfortunately I see that a qualifying event for the Trans-Pennine Hundred, the Tour des Trigs, has been postponed. As both the Cotswold Ring and the Wellington Boot Anytime Challenges have finished, the only qualifying event is the Spring in Lakeland Anytime Challenge.

Which, after one attempt failing with just one loop in the bag (weather!) makes things a little bit tense in the Coe household. :)

I seem to remember that the final date for Spring in Lakeland Anytime Challenge has been moved to sometime in Jan 2022 - can anyone say whether this is true, or was I dreaming?
Posted: Mon 25th Oct 2021, 14:45
Afternoon Laura

You can find our opening and closing times on the checkpoint data on our webpage

From checkpoint 1 you can find NEXT at the bottom to each CP

https://ldwa.org.uk/2022Hundred/W/6596/1-gilroyd-lane.html

Aaron
Posted: Mon 25th Oct 2021, 11:54
Have you got the checkpoint opening and closing times yet please? I'm unsure whether to choose 9am or 10am start. I completed the Hadrian 100 in 35 hours 50, and maintained a fairly even pace overall. My walking speed is probably about 3-3.5 miles/hour.
Posted: Fri 22nd Oct 2021, 14:39
Good afternoon Matthew

I am thinking this may be your first attempt at a 'hundred'.

If so, you are in for a treat.

In answer to both your questions:
- If you do indeed make it past 50mls you do indeed qualify for the 2023 'hundred'. But what's the fun of packing in at 50mls, it's only 50mls left to go.....

- If you do indeed have to drop out for the 100 various reasons we all suffer from during the weekend, you do indeed get a bus/car (body wagon) back to HQ in Wombwell*

Many thanks too to the 231 presently on the pre-selection entries .

*first come fist served....

Aaron
Posted: Fri 22nd Oct 2021, 11:51
Also if you do need to pull out is any help provided to get back to the start/end?
Posted: Fri 22nd Oct 2021, 11:31
If say you could only walk 80 miles of the Trans-Pennine 100 but did the first 50 miles in under 24h would that qualify you for the 2023 Hundred?
Author: Jo Dixon
Posted: Mon 18th Oct 2021, 6:03
Hi Aaron,

This wasn't displaying for me on the relevant page but I can see it there now.

Many thanks,
Jo
Posted: Sun 17th Oct 2021, 22:04
Hi Jo

I have ripped what you are after off the RD

Please be advised it is a working document at present but overall Ascent & Descent should be as near as

You can find on the Route Overview pages https://ldwa.org.uk/2022Hundred/W/6583/route-overview.html

Aaron
Author: Jo Dixon
Posted: Sun 17th Oct 2021, 21:02
Good evening Aaron
Do you have any information available about the distance and ascent between each checkpoint?
Thank you,
Jo
Posted: Sun 17th Oct 2021, 14:29
All

This is the thread we will keep our eyes on to answer as many questions we can.

There are a couple of areas i wish to point you in the direction of beforehand:

For first timers having their first go at a 'hundred' https://www.ldwa.org.uk/library/hundredsurvival/hundredsurvival.php

Our webpage is : https://ldwa.org.uk/2022Hundred

And our entries on SI are: https://www.sientries.co.uk/event.php?elid=Y&event_id=8781

T-P100 organizing team

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law