Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - Gear ! - Pocket Anquet

Author: Geoff Crowder
Posted: Sun 10th Dec 2006, 13:55
Local Group: South Manchester
I don't know much about pocket devices, but you are not alone in your findings about Anquet performance on a PC. I use mainly Memory Map and sometimes Tracklogs, but I have dabbled a bit with Anquet V6 and the performance is dreadful. It does take a while to load but that is a minor point, the real problem for me when perusing maps is simply scrolling the map: even dragging it quite slowly made it judder with an hourglass constantly appearing on the screen. Zooming in and out is extremely slow, often taking several seconds. This is despite using over 100Mb of memory, and it made the product virtually unusable for my purposes. By way of comparison, MM scrolling is fast and smooth, and zooms instantaneously, yet uses only 8Mb of memory.

With regard to the crashes, have you updated to the latest build of the software?. The early releases of V6 had quite a few problems. Having a great interest in software mapping, I'm still experimenting occasionally with Anquet and others, email me via our website to exchange info (http://v-g.me.uk).
Author: John King
Posted: Fri 8th Dec 2006, 13:21
Sorry i can`t help you as i use memory map and garmin to good effect.

Good luck with it.

John
Author: Tony Deall
Posted: Fri 8th Dec 2006, 10:37
Local Group: Cumbria
I recently purchased a Mio pocket PC from Anquet hoping to use it to run their mapping and GPS features while on the hills.Unfortunately I had great difficulty in connecting & downloading from my PC and the device tended to lock up on changing maps. Frustratingly these problems were variable so I was able to see the potential without enjoying it.
Has anyone else any experience with this? Currently my device is winging its way back to Anquet hopefully to be sorted.
I upgraded my home mapping to Anquet's V06 software about a year ago. It is very powerful when you get to grips with it but I have found it slow both in loading and in action with a tendency to crash. Anquet have not really explained this satisfactorily to me, has anybody else had these problems?

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law