Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - The Bothy - bing maps measuring tool

Author: John Owen
Posted: Tue 1st Jun 2021, 17:36
Local Group: Heart of England
for anybody interested i found a partial answer to this post, i measured my first checkpoint on the virtual 100 as exactly 10 mile, using the measuring tool, my son double checked this distance on his strava which measured it at 10.4 mile
based on this i would have done well over 100 mile unfortunately covid didnt get me but my second vaccine did as i felt pretty awful from the off and had to pack in at 33 mile ,feel a little cheated but have the bullock smithy as hopefully a qualifier.
Author: John Owen
Posted: Thu 29th Apr 2021, 9:23
Local Group: Heart of England
Could anybody confirm that the measuring tool on bing maps (and other map apps) is accurate enough to establish distances for the virtual 100 ,i have found with the zoom applied you can get an accurate
tracing of the road/track/ footpath to be walked.
regards

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law