Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Long Distance Paths - Updated Overview Map for Paths and Walks

Author: Andy Clark
Posted: Thu 28th Oct 2021, 18:02
Local Group: Kent
You can do this already but in a slightly convoluted way. By using the ‘Search for Path‘ facility and ‘show paths passing within' x miles and a location and then the ‘show as map' option. You can zoom in on a location.
However, you are spot on with the assumption that in some areas where there are multiple LDPs, it may be difficult to decipher which path is which.
I don't know at this stage whether this facility can be improved in the future when the new website materialises but I would hope that this possibility will be explored.
Author: Gerald Davies
Posted: Wed 27th Oct 2021, 17:20
Local Group: Marches
Thank you, good piece of work. I find myself increasingly looking at joining or linking long distance paths together. What would be very useful would be an overview map with the routes shown in outline, I get that this might look like spaghetti initially but should become clearer as one zooms in rather like the current icons.

Gerald
Author: Andy Clark
Posted: Wed 24th Mar 2021, 13:20
Local Group: Kent
The Overview Map for Paths and Walks on the LDWA website has been updated by one of our members and one of our IT volunteers has also added a menu item and link to this on the right hand side of the current web pages. There is now a link on the Overview Map page that takes you to a more zoomed-in full screen map.
Whilst this map has been on the website for a while, it has not been displayed in such a prominent position. Hopefully these changes will make the map more accessible and useful to viewers.
Clicking on the relevant icon on the map will give you more information about the walk/path and the icon in the header will reveal the menu and key. It will allow you to search and filter linear and circular walks.
A big thank you to those involved in making this happen.
https://ldwa.org.uk/ldp/public/ldp_overview_map.php

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law