Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - Hundreds - Please decide to postpone your decision

Author: Alan Warrington
Posted: Mon 7th Dec 2020, 9:15
Local Group: Thames Valley
Good morning Tony

Thanks for your suggestion. Unfortunately it's not as simple as there are many items to consider.

Each in isolation might be manageable within the coming months. However, the reality is there are many underlying items that collectively may cause significant concerns and uncertainty.

Rest assured all that can be done is being done behind the scenes by the team that have been working on this for over four years now.

Your continued support and patience is appreciated as always.

kind regards

Alan Warrington
LDWA 100s Coordinator
Author: Tony Hill
Posted: Sun 6th Dec 2020, 19:39
Local Group: Beds, Bucks and Northants
This is a message for the organisers of the rescheduled Y 100 Sir Fynwy, now planned for May 2021.

I believe that you are planning to make a decision on this event before the end of the 2020. Of course, I understand your reasons for doing this... However, there is still huge uncertainty over the likely state of the pandemic next spring. Will Track & Trace be working effectively? Will the transmission number be lower than 1? What will be the effect of the upcoming vaccination programme?

So, my suggestion, is that you decide to postpone your decision as long as you possibly can.

This strategy may give us the best chance of what we all what we hope for - a fantastic walk next May in the wonderful Monmouthshire countryside!

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law