Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Long Distance Paths - Offa's Dyke Path National Trail - 50th Anniversary

Author: Geraint Roberts
Posted: Thu 20th May 2021, 16:09
Local Group: Merseystride
Hello Jeremy, although I don't know of companies who book accomodation, I have walked the various sections from Prestatyn to Llandegla over the last 2 years, with 2 bits done in the last couple of weeks, so if you need any current info etc, let me know. I live in St. Asaph, so the trail is fairly close hence why and how I have done this stretch.
Author: Andy Clark
Posted: Mon 19th Apr 2021, 15:17
Local Group: Kent
Apologies, I should have posted this here last week.
This article is now available to download from the LDWA web page for the Offa's Dyke Path - link below. It includes not only memories and experiences from 1970 onwards but also some articles from issues of Strider through the years.
The National Trails website also includes details of a forthcoming ITV series on the ODP which was launched on ITV Cymru Wales last week.
Thank you to everybody who contributed and helped to make this article possible.
https://ldwa.org.uk/ldp/downloads/OffasDykePath50thAnniversary2021-LDWAMemories.pdf
Author: Jeremy Corke
Posted: Mon 19th Apr 2021, 14:38
Local Group: Bristol & West
Offas Dyke
Have any members walked the whole route, recently?
Am thinking of possibly doing this in September 2021.
Is there a company that books just the accommodation?
(Unfortunately, overseas treks this year are looking difficult!)
Jeremy Corke
Author: Andy Clark
Posted: Fri 27th Nov 2020, 10:22
Local Group: Kent
I'm looking for some help from our members regarding their experiences in walking Offa's Dyke Path.

Next year sees the 50th anniversary of this National Trail and as part of the celebrations we have been asked if we can help in gathering any anecdotes, experiences, memories and pictures from walkers who have walked this Trail over the last 50 years - the older the memories, the better!

If you have anything you would be willing to share with the good people at the Offa's Dyke Path National Trail, in the first instance, please could you contact me at LDP@ldwa.org.uk.

Thank you

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law