Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Long Distance Paths - Potential new event. Four Parish Walk.

Author: Barry Robert Dunn
Posted: Mon 31st Aug 2020, 13:52
Local Group: Lakeland
I am looking at the possibility of setting out a new walk/walks to incorporate the four Parishes of Aysgarth, Askrigg, Hardraw and Hawes. N. Yorks. [ this area covers the Ure Valley ] It is possible to hire the YH at Hawes and am awaiting a reply. As a time frame 1200hrs Friday to 1500hrs Sunday for the last w/e Feb. [ to start up if successful 2022 ] The YH is 52 bed. I love this area and will start this coming Winter / Spring to form possible loops. The hire of the hostel is intended to give time to arrive and enjoy the area as a w/e break before the main walking season starts up. My reasoning behind this is first , 48yrs of fell-running and walking and at the age of 67 now wish to give something back to the LDWA fraternity. Also, in tribute to three women who gave a large part of their lives in attempting to stop the complete loss of social history and Yorkshire Dales traditions through their writings and photography : Ella Pontefract, Marie Hartley and Joan Ingilby. I do not deny that this is a huge undertaking for me never having been on this " side of the fence". All advice about how I should proceed and potential pitfalls, gratefully received.
Thank you to all interested parties and stay safe. Barry Dunn.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law