Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - The Bothy - hot water

Author: Deirdre Flegg
Posted: Sat 7th Mar 2020, 14:43
Local Group: Dorset
Hello Lynne,
Our group has used a generator in the past [quite a while ago], but I can't speak for how efficient this was. Gas bottles can be a problem if it is very cold-twice I have had them malfunction in frost, but that was March both times. The other way I have tried is using pump pots, filled at the nearest indoor CP-practical if distances not too great, but the capacity might be a problem with a big event if refilling not quick [could re-fill from on site heated water-keeps things moving a bit].
How about asking Northumberland what they did at their outdoor CPs after Dufton? Those were some cold and exposed places and remote, so they may have a suggestion.
Author: Lynne Harness
Posted: Sat 7th Mar 2020, 10:58
Local Group: Vermuyden (South Yorks)
In the past I have only had experience of providing hot water for drinks at an outdoor check point using gas rings and pans/kettle. I am wondering if it might be easier and safer to run my plug in water heater from a portable generator? Thinking ahead to the TP100 for numbers of drinks needed. Rent or buy a generator? what size? still take gas as a back up? All advice and shared knowledge and experiences very welcome, thank you.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law