Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Gear ! - Map my walk

Author: Deirdre Flegg
Posted: Thu 5th Mar 2020, 9:39
Local Group: Dorset
Hi Kevin,
Thanks very much. I have now managed to convert to miles, for which I am glad. I think I shall have to ignore the ads! Latest was an invite to gamble..
Author: Kevin Pearson
Posted: Thu 5th Mar 2020, 8:59
Deirdre
I use an Android phone, so I don't think the menus work quite the same as an iPhone. The following link may help (you would need to use the iOS instructions)
https://support.mapmyfitness.com/hc/en-us/articles/200117654-Change-Time-Zone-or-Display-Units

To get rid of the ads, you will need to upgrade to a paid version of the app - you will probably see the option somewhere in the Settings menu -"Upgrade to MVP".
These things usually cost a few ponds per month.
Author: Deirdre Flegg
Posted: Tue 3rd Mar 2020, 15:05
Local Group: Dorset
I came into this century with a smart phone late last year, and have recently managed to get MapMyWalk on it (iphone 6s). It is very interesting [not sure how accurate though], but I wonder if someone more technical than I am could tell me how to do the following-try as I might, pressing everything in sight, I have not yet discovered the answers:
1. How to convert from metric to imperial. I cannot be doing with translating from ks to miles all the time
2. How to get rid of those little ads which wander along the bottom. They keep offering me funeral plans...

Many thanks. Don't please blind me with science! Pretend I am 5 years old.

PS The next task will be ViewRanger, but when I feel more awake.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law