Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - Rounday 50 loop 2

Author: Jeff Stevens
Posted: Thu 30th Jan 2020, 15:54
Local Group: West Yorkshire
Hi Jean-Paul
It was great to meet you too I am one of the slower ones in the Ldwa when you go to the challenge you will see.
I could not walk at the pace of many in the groups but you will get stronger and faster and like with me the members
are really good and let you walk with them.
see you at the Roundhay 50 and when you complete you can enter the 100 miler Jeff
Author: Jean-Paul Motteux
Posted: Thu 30th Jan 2020, 14:16
Local Group: Surrey
Jeff
Thank you for been our Guide and been their at 6 am in Leeds last week , it was a tricky route to navigate. I wouldn’t have been able to come if we had to start later as I had to rush back to work in London.
I have never walked at speed over a long distance like that before , It was a good feeling but my muscles took a few days to recover . Thanks again. And see you at challenge 50 next month.
Posted: Fri 24th Jan 2020, 17:29
Hi Emily
First time I have seen someone walk 10 mile holding a box of cakes.
Really good route and we know now with about 6 miles left you take the indistinct
path before the farm .
Author: Emily Knight
Posted: Thu 23rd Jan 2020, 22:31
Jeff, thank you very much for walking loop1 with us on Monday.
It was a very good workout made me so hungry!
I can't believe I bought and ate 7 cakes from that bakery at CP1.
Posted: Mon 13th Jan 2020, 15:37
Hi There
Emily I will see you all on Monday at 8 am I recced loop 1 yesterday for the second time and did not get lost.
Madeleine I enjoy the walks you have chose really good . I am navigating for the Bolton boys on the day and word
has it the last one to get them lost is buried deep in a peat bog in the west pennines so I have to get it right.
Regards Jeff
Posted: Sun 12th Jan 2020, 20:19
Just helped Tinka to register for the Roundhey 50 event. She is in!

I'm getting a couple more people to register and they might come with us on Monday for the loop 1 prep walk too.

Also put up a print out of the event advert at the cafe at my work.

I hope you don't mind me advertising it to more people.

Kind regards,
Emily
Author: Madeleine Watson
Posted: Sun 12th Jan 2020, 18:03
It's good to hear of all these reccies. Thanks Jeff for being a tour guide. Tinka- not sure if you were thinking of doing the event in February. If you are, you should be aware that it's almost full.
Author: Tinka Ivanova
Posted: Sun 12th Jan 2020, 14:11
I have just joined the LDWA and am keen on joining you guys for the Jan 20TH.

Best regards,
Tinka
Author: Tinka Ivanova
Posted: Sun 12th Jan 2020, 14:08
Hello
Posted: Sun 12th Jan 2020, 13:22
Hi Jeff,
I'm planning to come to Leeds again on Monday 20th January to do loop 1 of roundhay 50 walk.
Will you be free to do the loop with me and anyone else who is willing to join in?
I might be able to come Sunday night so we can start the walk early in the morning this time and do the whole walk in the daylight. :-)

Kind regards,
Emily
Posted: Wed 8th Jan 2020, 20:26
Hi Emily.
Glad you enjoyed the walk nice part of leeds and to travel all the way up to recce it shows testament to your commitment.
Let me know the week before you want to recce loop 1 so I can book off work.
I have looked at the list of entrants for the official 50 and there is some real characters doing the
walk so your in for a treat meeting them.
Get this 50 done and you can get your place on the Y 100 Sir Fynwy .

Regards Jeff
Posted: Wed 8th Jan 2020, 12:23
Hi All
Just wanted to thank Jeff here for walking with me loop 2 on Monday. We managed to see most of it in the daylight and despite the forecast for rain it stayed dry till the end of the walk. It's a beautiful walk relatively easy and flat with a couple of uphills and downhills.
It really helped to have someone who knew the way so I could just concentrate on my speed.
Jeff I'm going to take you up on that offer to walk the first loop on another Monday when I can come to Leeds again.
Many thanks,
Emily.
Posted: Sun 5th Jan 2020, 22:04
Thanks Jeff, I've got my boots and waterproofs ready. See you tomorrow. Emily.
Posted: Sun 29th Dec 2019, 10:29
Hi Emily
The ground will be heavy and wet in places so wear some good footwear to keep your feet dry.
regards jeff
Posted: Sat 28th Dec 2019, 17:08
Hi Jeff,

That's really very kind and very helpful.
Fingers crossed for good weather.

King regards,
Emily
Posted: Sat 28th Dec 2019, 16:51
Hi Emily
I will pick you up at the coach station and we could go straight to the start of the walk . Then when completed I will take you to your friends house if this is ok.
Sounds good starting at dinner time and walking someof the walk in the dark.
My number is 07834575680 l will get to the coach park for about 11:30 .
Regards Jeff
Posted: Sat 28th Dec 2019, 14:37
Hi Jeff,
Thank you for your offer.
That would be great!
I'm just about to buy my ticket. I will be coming from London arriving in Leeds at 11:45am Leeds Coach Station, Dyer Street.
Sorry about the late start. But since it's a shorter loop (35km) hopefully we will cover at least half of the walk in the daylight. And I do have a good torch for the second half :-)

Where should we meet? My original plan was to stop at my friend's house to drop off my overnight bag and then head to the starting point at St Edmund's Church Hall aiming to be there by 12:30pm the earliest. If there is a place to leave my overnight bag somewhere at the starting point maybe I could go directly there to save time?

Emily
Posted: Fri 27th Dec 2019, 20:36
Hi Emily
I should be able to get the 6th off work Iwould be willing to walk the route with you if you would like the company..
Regards Jeff
Posted: Fri 27th Dec 2019, 20:18
Correction to my previous post
I downloaded again the gpx file and reentered the CP points. This time it all seems to map fine. I must've done something wrong the first time.
Posted: Fri 27th Dec 2019, 19:21
Hi Jeff,
I'm interested in walking Roundhay 50 loop 2 on Monday 6th January in preparation for the Roundhay50 challenge which I've signed up for.
I wonder if you or anyone here can help me with my query.
I've downloaded the gpx file:
https://www.ldwa.org.uk/lgt/downloads/LDWAIndependentEvents/Roundhay_50_loop_2.gpx
But when I entered the CP points for the Roundhay50 the CP5: Harewood Village Hall SE 320 452 is pretty far outside the 2nd loop.
I can't seem to find an option to upload a file here to show you my screenshot.

Also if anyone is free to walk the 2nd loop with me on Monday 6th January please text or whatsapp my number is 07964674355

Many thanks,
Emily
Posted: Mon 23rd Dec 2019, 13:36
Hi All
Just like to thank Madeleine and the group for a fantastic walk through the meanwood valley upto Eccup Reservior and back to Roundhay.
This was a beautyful walk and put together with loop 1 will be a really enjoyable walk in February.
Many thanks Jeff

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law