Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Ideas Forum - LDWA Insurance

Author: Tony Willey
Posted: Thu 16th Nov 2006, 14:31
Local Group: Lakeland
Peter,
Whatever may have been the case in the past, there is no secret about the LDWA insurance cover. A meeting was held with our brokers earlier this year to clarify certain aspects of the policy and their requirements, following which Paul Hatcher circulated details to local groups. An article along the lines you suggest will appear in April Strider.
Posted: Thu 16th Nov 2006, 11:35
Tony,
One of my last requests, when I was on the National Committee, was for a simple guide to our insurance, preferably published in Strider. It is an important part of belonging to the LDWA, especially for event organisers. There is also much ignorance about what our insurance covers. I've talked to members who are convinced that both personal injury and personal effects are included. Most house and car insurance now comes with an easy to understand booklet showing 'what is covered' and more importantly 'what is NOT covered'.

The reason given to me for not publishing a guide, was that if we question our insurance company too much about the policy, they may revise the cover or increase the premiums. I find this rather bizzare.
Author: Tony Willey
Posted: Thu 16th Nov 2006, 10:39
Local Group: Lakeland
The LDWA policy covers individual members for "damages and legal costs arising out of third party loss, injury or damage in connection with the recognised activities of the association". It also indemnifies organisers against negligence claims. Cover does NOT extend to events run by non-LDWA organisations or independent walking. It is NOT a personal accident policy.
Author: Elton Ellis
Posted: Tue 14th Nov 2006, 20:33
Local Group: Surrey
As members, are we covered by LDWA insurance just for LDWA events, or also on other events and even when out walking alone?

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law