Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - The Bothy - Edith Sykes

Author: Jeff Stevens
Posted: Thu 12th Dec 2019, 16:11
Local Group: West Yorkshire
So sorry to read about the loss of your wife, she sounds like a very extraordinary lady. I am sure she will be missed greatly for all of her help with the events and I'm sure you will have had many walking adventures together.
Deepest sympathies Jeff
Author: Ian Sykes
Posted: Wed 11th Dec 2019, 20:13
Local Group: East Yorkshire
It is with sadness to announce the passing of my wife Edith. We joined the LDWA in 1986 and it took over our lives. While Edith didn't do much walking in Britain she did do a lot aboard ( around 40 events) with the Irregulars from 2001 to 2005 before her long term illness. She never let her illness get in the way with helping out on challenge events, far to many to count. She also helped out on 31 Hundreds, around 25 doing the baggage at HQ. She retired from helping out with the LDWA in 2017 due to her illness. The end came very quick and she died at Hull Royal Infirmary on 13th November 2019.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law