Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - Hundreds - Y 100 Sir Fynmy No Qualifying Events

Author: Jeff Stevens
Posted: Wed 23rd Oct 2019, 21:30
Local Group: West Yorkshire
Thank you Mike The Marshals 100s I would think are harder than the normal 100 you guys have to like you have said walk alone for long stretches and are the guinea pigs for our event making sure every thing is fine. Thanks Shirley I will probably get a place on the 100 but would not want to lose out so probably over panicking.

I have been chatting with a few and they are using the Lakeland 50 for their qualifying event .
Many thanks Jeff
Author: Shirley Hume
Posted: Wed 23rd Oct 2019, 18:22
Local Group: South Wales
At the moment we are not anticipating that we will be over-subscribed by the end of November and therefore there should be no question of a ballot. If we are correct, as I confidently expect we will be, it should be possible to enter up until the final closing date in April, having completed a qualifying event. You are almost spoilt for choice with the number of qualifying events in the first 4 months of 2020 with opportunities in both the north and south of the country, so get your diary out and choose the one that suits you best.

In response to your query Jeff, a qualifying event is required for the Marshals event and to be eligible you need to be helping on the main event. You will be asked to specify what role you are taking on during the main event as places are limited to 50 on the Marshals 100.
Author: Michael Childs
Posted: Wed 23rd Oct 2019, 18:09
Local Group: Dorset
Jeff, I should have also said that I actually like doing the marshals walk. Obviously, it also means making a commitment to helping on the main event.

It will be properly organised (it is a unique event in its own right, with a distinct character, and every bit as interesting as the main 100) With far fewer people doing it, you will get more personal attention and care at checkpoints. Another aspect is that it is the final test of the route. There is a lot of satisfaction to be had completing a 100 marshals walk The main disadvantage (for some people) is that with fewer people you may be walking on your own quite a bit. But not always, and I have been part of a slow backmarking team on the 100 MW
Author: Michael Childs
Posted: Wed 23rd Oct 2019, 9:58
Jeff, if you already have a qualifier for the 100, I think you can use the same qualifying event for the marshals walk. I am not sure what the entry limit is for the 100 MW but it is usually about 50 people.
Author: Jeff Stevens
Posted: Tue 22nd Oct 2019, 21:24
Local Group: West Yorkshire
Hi There
Just In case there are more entries than places
And I dont get a spot Will there be places on the marshals
and if so do you have had to complete a qualifing even.
Many thanks jeff
Author: Deirdre Flegg
Posted: Tue 22nd Oct 2019, 15:10
Matthew,
The Entry to 100s is a bit different from other events. There is a max. number of participants and if this is reached , then there will be a ballot of all entries after 29/11. We haven't needed a ballot for a long time. So, if no ballot the event will continue to accept entries up to some later date [until full] ; so completion of qualifying events is possible after 29/11. I hope this makes sense! No doubt the 100 committee will correct me if I am wrong!

So, if you have still to get a qualifying event, you are in with a chance. And even if the event does get full soon, there are often people who have to withdraw, so creating vacant spots. This starts to happen when the entry fee is taken- again usually in December. You can keep an eye on this happening by looking at SiEntries.
Author: Matthew Daer
Posted: Tue 22nd Oct 2019, 14:58
Local Group: South Wales
Hello All,

Am I correct in thinking if you haven't already completed a qualifying event for the Y 100 Sir Fynmy it is impossible to qualify before the last date of entry due to the fact there are no qualifying events available before the 29th November 2019?

Matthew Daer

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law