Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - The Three cicles of Crickhowell

Author: Andrew Clabon
Posted: Sun 20th Oct 2019, 8:41
Local Group: South Wales
PACER results can be found at:
https://www.ldwa.org.uk/results/full_results.php?event_id=220
The full results will no doubt appear with the event report on the South Wales website in due course.

During the course of the day I was asked a couple of times if the total distance of the east and south circles amounted to a full marathon distance. I'm afraid I have to report that the combined distance falls a little short of 26 miles. So unless you went off course I'm sorry to report you didn't complete 26.2 miles. When compiling the circles I didn't give any thought to being able to complete a marathon. Of course you could have made sure by doing the third circle too!
That will be something for us to consider next time though.
Author: Jeff Stevens
Posted: Wed 9th Oct 2019, 19:48
Local Group: West Yorkshire
Hi There
I did the three walks on saturday and I thought they were spectacular . The company was good as always there were some very commited walkers.
What a very beautiful part of wales this is though the weather was good we missed a couple of the views due to fog but only for a short while.
The three walks were well thought out and were very different from each other which gave everybody a great challenge,
By the time I got to near the summit of the table on the last walk I was struggling a bit but managed to complete.
The South wales can be very proud of these events they have put together. The Marshals and helpers never stopped helping all
day and the home made cakes and sandwhiches were gorgeous .

If This Event were put on again you all should consider doing them as they are challenging and spectacular and worth every penny.
Also it is the only place I have been where the Farmers were friendly smiled ans waved.
once again south wales many thanks and I will cherish the memories for a long time.
Ps if you are doing the second part of the triple challenge next year could you let me know when it is so i can book it off.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law