Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - Red Rose 50

Author: Jeff Stevens
Posted: Tue 17th Sep 2019, 19:10
Local Group: West Yorkshire
I booked onto the Shotley peninsula this year to have a try at the triple having done the Winter poppyline which was brilliant.
I then decided to support one of my local groups because I know lot of walkers up here and as I said wanted to support east lancs.
Having said that I am glad I did the hike was fantastic and a lot of thought and expertise and time has gone into the route.
To say it was brilliant is an understatement. The time the marshals and helpers had put into running it to make it as smooth as
possible for us must have taken a long time and commitment, From the food to greeting and supporting us and sending us on our way.

The food was fantastic the venues were brilliant as I have said but we got pampered as well. Just would like to thank everyone that
made this a wonderful experience for all the walkers and runners who all echoed what I have said.
once again many thanks east lancs it was brilliant and looking forward to competing in the two crosses.

ps a bonus was Leeds beating Barnsley and are at the top of the league bragging rights for me at work in South Yorkshire
Author: Marian White
Posted: Mon 16th Sep 2019, 8:50
Local Group: Marches
To echo the compliments from the LDWA Facebook goup - this was a fantastic event, with the route, the checkpoints and the company on the walk all competing to be the best bit ;) Congratulations and many thanks to East Lancs.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law