Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - Gear ! - karrimor ksb,s

Posted: Sat 2nd Jan 2010, 22:33
From the age of the original post I doubt this new comment will prove any use, but to add it to the mix...

I've owned and loved my Karrimor KSB boots for years and although I have had new boots (other makes) since, I always keep my old pair of KSBs as I know I will be comfy in them...

In fact, reminiscing about them has just made me want to buy a new pair!
Author: Mike Rayner
Posted: Thu 15th Oct 2009, 21:26
Local Group: Northumbria
To follow on from my 28 August 2008 post, the Karrimors are actually still going strong. No cracks in the uppers, just a bit of stitching coming undone. The "new" ones are still unworn in the cupboard. That's not bad value.
Author: Norman Corrin
Posted: Thu 28th Aug 2008, 13:17
Local Group: Beds, Bucks and Northants
I'd agree with Mike and David. I've had 3 pairs of KSBs and they are easily the most comfortable boots I've ever had. Brashers I don't like but other walkers swear by them. Each individual has different requirements
Posted: Thu 28th Aug 2008, 7:02
I looked back to see when I started wearing the karrimors mentioned below. They are wearing out now but have been the most comfortable walking footwear I've had. A new pair is ready in the cupboard to take over!
Author: David A Millard
Posted: Tue 17th Jul 2007, 14:16
Local Group: West Yorkshire
I purchased a pair of KSBs mid event in March this year and found them to be one of the most comfortable pairs of boots I have had, although the longest walk I have done in them so far has been 27 miles. They are also standing up to the very wet conditions of recent weeks
Posted: Sun 20th May 2007, 16:37
I've a pair of Karrimor Dartmoor Event trainers and they have been great since day 1. Unfortunately, despite all the advice I've heard about choosing boots and shoes, there still seems an element of luck involved in finding a type that suits. When you find a suitable pair, stick with them!
Posted: Fri 12th Jan 2007, 14:29
I understand your comment fully,do you not find the cheaper the shoe/boot the better the comfort ?
Author: Tony Willey
Posted: Wed 13th Dec 2006, 20:14
Local Group: Lakeland
But I am sure that there are a lot of satisfied Karrimor KSB customers about. Nigel Dean's reply on the boots v. trainers thread sums it up. Everyone's feet are different. I can never see the point of boot/shoe reviews in outdoor magazines - what is perfect for the reviewer will not suit others.
Posted: Wed 13th Dec 2006, 19:21
good advice but its not just the gortex ones. I bought the leather version ,during the 6 dales challenge my feet sufferd almost identical damage which caused me to retire at cp3 .With approx 21 miles behide me on my firts challenge walk i was gutted. Ihave since repaird my burghouse boots and compleated the regular irregular on 6th dec with no blisters at all .The boots mentiond will be put into early retirement.
Posted: Thu 9th Nov 2006, 18:17
to all you fellow ldwa members,a bit of frioendly advice for you all.
Last Saturday i completed the killburn kanter in a pair ok karrimor goretex ksb,s.Never have my feet been so badly damaged.My toes,balls of my feet and my heels were coverd in large blisters.My heels are allso badly bruised!!!never have i experienced anything like this in the past.
Do not be tempted to purchase this footwear however attractive they look

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law