Discussion Forum - The Bothy - New logo chosen

Author: Marcus Becker
Posted: Fri 26th Jul 2019, 12:44
Local Group: Thames Valley
No, I am very happy with the old logo.
Author: Madeleine Watson
Posted: Fri 26th Jul 2019, 8:40
Local Group: West Yorkshire
Marcus - we've discussed changing the logo on the merchandise and Tim Glenn has it in hand. If you ordered the backpack specifically wanting the new logo, please get in touch with Tim.
Author: Marcus Becker
Posted: Fri 26th Jul 2019, 7:07
Local Group: Thames Valley
My new backpack arrived yesterday and it has the old logo :)
Author: Madeleine Watson
Posted: Fri 26th Jul 2019, 0:08
Local Group: West Yorkshire
Yes agreed Iain, there are similarities. As the Strider article says, this one was designed for us by Rachel Cornish. Part of the work we did before putting the 10 to the vote was to check things like similarity to other images and copyright. Apologies for not selecting your logo - we had a lot submitted in the end!
Author: Iain Connell
Posted: Thu 25th Jul 2019, 14:23
Local Group: East Lancashire
After many months and a re-booted membership selection, it's good to see that the new logo has finally been chosen (Strider 144 August 2019). I don't have any problems with it, but I should point out that it is very, very similar to Garmin's 'Hike' logo such as appears on my Garmin eTrex Touch 35 (google for e.g. 'bike-discount garmin etrex touch 35'). (My eTrex has several modes including Climb, Bike and Hike, each of which feature a different logo.) There are many free-to-use 'walking person' logos online which are similar but not identical to this one, and I sincerely hope that Garmin's is one of them.

(The circular background to the logo on Strider's front cover is even more similar to Garmin's, but the two on page 3 - the 'smaller' and 'long' versions - do not have backgrounds.)

I should point out that one of the 31 designs from which the final shortlist of 10 was selected at the Gloucester AGM was a version of British Nordic Walking's logo, which I 'freely adapted' rather than copied for this purpose (it wasn't shortlisted; I have no problems with that either).

Iain

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law