Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - Website Development - 'Tips' or 'advice' section

Posted: Mon 30th Oct 2006, 22:23
Matt A Heck of a lot, just say the older you get the D you get
as for the nipples 2 hours on a tread mill in the gym on a wet Saturday afternoon and no vasiline!! I should have known better.
David H
Author: Mike Rayner
Posted: Mon 30th Oct 2006, 22:10
Local Group: Northumbria
Sudocreme and zinc oxide tape
Author: Matthew Hand
Posted: Mon 30th Oct 2006, 22:05
Local Group: Mid Wales
David - what on earth was in your rucksac? Matt.
Author: Ian & Pauline Charters
Posted: Mon 30th Oct 2006, 19:26
Local Group: Lakeland
Use zinc oxide tape - shave if you have to.
Author: Ian Koszalinski
Posted: Mon 30th Oct 2006, 10:36
Local Group: High Peak
you could use sudocreme on your nipples.but sudocreme can show through material so some may think you are lactating
Posted: Sun 29th Oct 2006, 16:56
Ian. After a 24 mile local walk today, Mainly on roads but some soaking wet paths and carrying 30Lb I blistered and the nipples bled, I will be checking out our advise section.
David H
Author: Ian Koszalinski
Posted: Sat 28th Oct 2006, 21:20
Local Group: High Peak
peoples blister remedies can be found in the ideas forum
Posted: Fri 27th Oct 2006, 15:36
We all ready have these sections on this site Re-Long Distance Paths, The Bothy and Gear, they just want used more.
David H
Posted: Fri 27th Oct 2006, 8:51
How about a section with information and tips about doing long distance walking? I have found out more tips on doing a 100 from the Cant Canolbarth website than the LDWA website! Surely this would get a lot of people using the website to read about things such as blister prevention, kit list, strategy, nutrition, training etc. Also kit tests could be very useful. If this sort of information is linked to a search engine I think that plenty of walkers as well as runners and general endurance eventists would find and use this website, and hopefully this will lead them to find walking events (if listed to non-members!) and then join.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law