Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - The Bothy - I've dot a dold ...

Author: Garfield Southall
Posted: Mon 6th Nov 2006, 22:09
Local Group: Merseystride
I shall trot down to Biggin and do the Six Dales, methinks. 'Tis a goodly step and is meet and proper so to do. Many moons have crossed the sky since last I trod down those dales. Garfielde
Author: Matthew Hand
Posted: Sat 4th Nov 2006, 22:44
Local Group: Mid Wales
You have my sympathy, mine was nasty but blessedly short. Spent today on Arran Fawddy, what weather, definately sunburnt and a real corker of a November day. Elan valleys in the morning.
Posted: Sat 4th Nov 2006, 20:58
Mine was a stonker too and is only just going away - a real pain; missed the KK as well as BU. I trudged into town to do some shopping - people everywhere; streets of Chester jammed with early Christmas shoppers; the queue at Starbucks was out of the doors and down the street. The sunshine was glorious and I should have been on the KK. - Garfield
Author: Matthew Hand
Posted: Thu 26th Oct 2006, 23:14
Local Group: Mid Wales
I too had a real stonker of a cold last week, though very heavy it was very short lived. Excercise is a bad idea really, it won't do you any good and even less good to those around you. Nothing to gain and everything to lose by taking part.

Open the drinks cabinet .... Whisky Mac or Rum and Shrub do it for me!!
Posted: Thu 26th Oct 2006, 17:12
Being a pensioner (well I got E V R) a gym pass costs next to nowt and is cheaper than the bus or petrol money to Keswick but Garfield how many others are you going to pass on your cold to and are you going to re-infect yourself. Just use it as an excuse to put down a few heavy drops of the "Water of Life" in the comfort of home.
David H
Posted: Thu 26th Oct 2006, 16:32
Thanks, Ian.
I knew I could get clear and precise advice from my colleagues in the bothy.
Garfield
Author: Ian Koszalinski
Posted: Thu 26th Oct 2006, 10:36
Local Group: High Peak
there's 2 reasons i don't go to the gym
1 - if i have a heavy cold
2 - if i can't afford it
at the moment i can't afford it, but to train or exert yourself whilst laid up with a cold means the body not only is it trying to fight the infection but also has to cope with renewing your energy levels which puts a strain on the internal organs and cooling system
Having said that if it were me i'd end up doing the walk
Posted: Wed 25th Oct 2006, 23:36
Hi everyone. Long time no post - been moving house etc.

Now I've got a problem that I need your help with. I've got a heavy cold and H & I are down for Bottom's Up this coming Saturday.

Should I do it ? I can sniffle my around OK, but I will it be bad for my body ?

Garfield

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law