Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Ideas Forum - Local LDWA area under new merchandise when it comes out

Author: Timothy Glenn
Posted: Wed 13th May 2020, 14:35
Local Group: Anytime Anywhere
In fact, it was a similar idea years ago that led to a number of LDWA local groups producing their own merchandise. Those numbers, I believe, have increased over time. That is pretty much the history of and how LDWA local group merchandise was born. Having their own, individual merchandise gives them further autonomy and can boost funds if costings are favourable and sales reasonable. I don't think that aspect of the local groups is aired very often, if at all, surprisingly. The LDWA's merchandise and that of local groups, because of their autonomy, and also in terms of finance, where involvement at national level would always mean an enterprise has to be multiplied by the likes of 43, is why the two are kept as separate entities. I hope this helps. Thanks very much indeed. Tim Glenn, NEC, on behalf of LDWA Merchandise.
Author: Jeff Stevens
Posted: Sun 12th May 2019, 8:16
Local Group: West Yorkshire
Hi Simon
That is what i thought it would be great for other walkers not of the ldwa to recognise we are ldwa and also what
Area we are from in case they want to join.
thanks for your comments Jeff
Author: Simon Pipe
Posted: Thu 9th May 2019, 23:41
Local Group: Heart of England
Nice idea. South Wales walkers are instantly recognisable by their shirts (with their own logo). I don't feel a particular connection to my area but if my group name was on my shirt, maybe it would lead to some connections being made.
Author: Jeff Stevens
Posted: Sun 21st Apr 2019, 6:51
Local Group: West Yorkshire
Hi There
I know this is early but when we get our new logo and have it on the merchandise could we have the option of having our Local LDWA area under
the emblem. i Love the LDWA as an whole and what it stands for .

It would be great to do challenge walks and see where every one comes from . I would say this would make walkers wear there tops with pride I one love where i come from ,And know doing a fair few challenges this year that there are a lot of hikers the same.

I hope others put their views on it would be great to here them.
Many thanks Jeff

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law