Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Hundreds - Y 100 Sir Fynwy (2020 Hundred) Temporary Website

Author: Alan Warrington
Posted: Wed 13th Mar 2019, 7:35
Local Group: Thames Valley
Hi Lee

No overnight sleeping refers to sleeping in vehicles and not post event sleeping in hall, etc.

regards

Alan
Posted: Wed 13th Mar 2019, 7:33
Hi Lee

Confirm absolutely no camping / overnight sleeping / vehicle parking available at HQ during the weekend.

Limited vehicle parking on-site will be used by event marshals only. There will be a passenger drop off area.

We are hopeful of using the Chepstow Racecourse nearby for all vehicle parking from early Saturday and will advise on event website later in the year.

Anyone using camper van / motor homes should look elsewhere for appropriate locations.

regards

Alan
Posted: Mon 11th Mar 2019, 14:01
Hi Lee

Absolutely no availability on HQ site for any vehicle parking / camping overnight Friday.

We are planning on re-visiting HQ soon and will ask if any opportunity for camping Saturday/Sunday night. To be honest I don't recall seeing any available ground space for this. Best to look elsewhere in the local area.

kind regards

Alan
Author: Lee Hall
Posted: Sun 10th Mar 2019, 12:01
Local Group: Sherwood
Alan

I know its early will there be camping facilities?

Many thanks

Lee
Posted: Fri 8th Mar 2019, 11:57
Hi Chris

Thanks for your input.

I have been in contact with the Chair and Hike Controller of the Tour de Trigs and he has suggested adding an advisory comment to their kit list section, ensuring that any individuals contemplating entering the LDWA Hundred should be carrying their own maps, compass and survival bag (currently only required to be carried within the team). They have a comprehensive full kit check before the start and randomly en-route and any falling foul is disqualified immediately and returned to HQ.

This is a positive step and thanks for drawing to my attention.

kind regards

Alan Warrington
LDWA 100s Coordinator
Author: Chris Pitt
Posted: Thu 7th Mar 2019, 7:26
Local Group: Dorset
Self navigation in both daylight and periods of darkness' are impossible to validate’ may be true but surely it is still a requirement for the 100. By including a qualifying event that doesn’t at least encourage the ability to self-navigate, and where a map, compass or route description are not part of the personal kit list does seem at least a little bit odd.
Posted: Wed 6th Mar 2019, 14:03
Hi Graham

Some of the other externally organised qualifying events mandate the grouping of individuals in periods of darkness. Participants in LDWA challenge events, qualifiers and indeed the Hundred often naturally gravitate and walk together in both day and night, others merely choose to follow shortly behind (tail gate) and thus these old elements of 'individual and not team entry' and 'self navigation in both daylight and periods of darkness' are impossible to validate overall. As a result these specific items have been removed from the criteria of qualifying entries starting in January 2019 for any Hundred from 2020 and beyond and Tour de Trigs added.

kind regards

Alan Warrington
LDWA 100s Coordinator
Author: Graham James
Posted: Tue 5th Mar 2019, 22:43
Local Group: Wessex
There has been a lot of discussion recently about the criteria for the inclusion of non-LDWA events as 100 qualifiers. I was surprised to see the Tour de Trigs on the list for next year - surely as a team rather than individual event it violates one of the fundamental requirements?
Posted: Mon 4th Mar 2019, 15:10
Hi Jared

The event will start and finish at Chepstow Comprehensive School and Leisure Centre.

We hope to secure sufficient off site car parking very nearby at Chepstow race course. However, we will not be able to confirm this until later on this year.

Vehicle sharing and use of public transport is encouraged and would help the organisation.

Hope to see you at the event.

Best wishes

Alan
Author: Jared Walbridge
Posted: Mon 4th Mar 2019, 13:33
Local Group: Norfolk & Suffolk
Do you have an idea where the event will start/finish?
Posted: Sun 3rd Mar 2019, 10:27
Jeff

So many to choose from. Best to have a look at South Wales walks programme and just pick some that appeal to you. They include some walks along the route of the 2020 Hundred amongst many others which might useful.

regards

Alan
Author: Jeff Stevens
Posted: Sat 2nd Mar 2019, 10:04
Local Group: West Yorkshire
Thanks for the reply Alan
I look forward to competing in the Y 100 Sir Fynwy i will be doing a couple of your walks before hand are there any you would suggest.
Many thanks
Jeff
Posted: Fri 1st Mar 2019, 22:22
Hi Jeff
Congratulations for getting a qualifier under your belt so to speak.
Alas you’ll have to wait until Monday 14th October 2019 for the initial pre-selection opening via SiEntries to get your application in. Best add a reminder in your calendar.
Good luck.
Alan.
Author: Jeff Stevens
Posted: Fri 1st Mar 2019, 22:08
I have qualified too can we sign up now please
Author: Madeleine Watson
Posted: Sun 17th Feb 2019, 19:20
All good! Including me now qualified for Y 100 Sir Fynwy!
Author: Adam Dawson
Posted: Thu 14th Feb 2019, 11:05
Local Group: London
If you would like to look at the temporary Y 100 Sir Fynwy (2020 Hundred). website,

click here
Posted: Wed 13th Feb 2019, 14:05
The following link is to a temporary website specifically for the Y 100 Sir Fynwy (2020 Hundred).

http://www.swldwa.uk/wp/?page_id=3281

This has been set up to provide advance notice of known qualifying events, current committee members, their roles and contact details.

Additions to the list of approved qualifying events may be added in due course.

The main website will be going live after the forthcoming Hadrians' Hundred has concluded.

Alan Warrington
100s Coordinator

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law