Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - September Challenge Events

Author: Edward Short
Posted: Sat 9th Feb 2019, 6:42
Local Group: Essex & Herts
The Red Rose 50 is consistent with its dates which is the middle of September so quite rightly they have picked 14/15th Sept. The Shotley 50 two years ago was on the first weekend of September, but and a very important but, a section of the walk is governed by the tides. I believe this is the reason for picking the 14/15th.
Author: Ian Hull
Posted: Fri 8th Feb 2019, 20:30
Local Group: South Pennine
I completely agree , it is very frustrating & the clash of dates seems to happen every year around Easter & Sept . On 14/9 there are four events I would like to enter (Shotley gets the vote as I want to complete the Eastern TC) & on 21/9 there are FIVE events I would do if it were possible (Sussex Stride gets the vote to keep the sequence going on the Southern TC) .

On 06/07 April there are EIGHT events out of which I would consider five (Woldsman bags the entry!) with a further six to choose from the weekend after ... then nothing as usual on the Easter w/end .

On the one hand it’s fantastic to have so much choice but equally frustrating when there are missed events thru annual date clashes inevitably bookended by a quiet weekend or two . The choice of date could, in some cases, be determined by availability of Event HQ/CPs/organisers etc but it seems a shame not to try & better coordinate events across the LDWA nationally when nearly all take place annually with their customary place in the calendar .
Author: David Findel-Hawkins
Posted: Fri 8th Feb 2019, 15:12
Local Group: Beds, Bucks and Northants
Has anyone else noticed?

7/8th Sept No LDWA organised events
14/15 Sept Three LDWA organised events including two fifties.
21/22nd Sep Six LDWA organised events including two fifties.
28/29th Sept No LDWA organised events.

I'm sure all the event organizers have good reasons for choosing these dates, but as an events junkie I'm frustrated as I cannot be in two places at the same time.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law