Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - Winter Poppyline 2019

Author: Louise Whittaker
Posted: Mon 25th Feb 2019, 20:21
Local Group: Staffordshire
I'd also like to say thank you - substantial good walking food at checkpoints - including some very yummy flapjacks. Route covers a variety of scenery - I really enjoyed the event. So - thank you to all involved in organising and supporting. Hope to enjoy again in 2021.
Posted: Mon 18th Feb 2019, 19:50
Thank you to everyone involved in a truly great event. Checkpoints were fabulous, food was amazing, route description was spot on, and all involved were just lovely. Weather was great too!!,
Thank you, had such a great time.
Jane & Dave Giles xxx
Author: Jeff Stevens
Posted: Mon 18th Feb 2019, 17:21
Local Group: West Yorkshire
HI ALL
JUST GOT BACK HOME FROM DOING THE WINTER POPPYLINE FOR THE FIRST TIME JUST LIKE TO SAY VERY WELL ORGANISED EVENT THIS WAS AND WHAT WONDERFUL PEOPLE I HAVE MET WEATHER WAS BRILLIANT AND LOOKING FORWARD TO ENTERING EVERY 2 YEARS ALSO LISA MY WIFE LIKE THE SHOPPING IN NORWICH AND HOLT CAME BACK UP NORTH WITH A CAR FULL.

ONCE AGAIN MANY THANKS

PS SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS MY COMPUTER IS STUCK
Author: Edward Short
Posted: Mon 18th Feb 2019, 8:03
Local Group: Essex & Herts
Thank you Jayne and team for your excellent event and hospitality. The weather was indeed kind to us.
Author: Michael Childs
Posted: Thu 14th Feb 2019, 21:21
Local Group: Dorset
The weather looks good
Author: Julian White
Posted: Thu 14th Feb 2019, 10:24
Local Group: Norfolk & Suffolk
Hello!

I understand we have responded to everyone who had a cancellation or route query, apologies for any delays though. If there are any remaining queries, or anyone wants some advice about the walk, do let me know by posting here.

For future reference, we post the .gpx and route descriptions about ten days before the event. This is because the walk out of the route is always two weekends before, and we usually make some minor adjustments.

Good luck to everyone taking part! The walk and food are marvellous :)

Julian.
Author: Gary Robson
Posted: Tue 5th Feb 2019, 20:38
Local Group: Northumbria
Due to unforseen circumstances I decided to pull out of this years Winter Poppyline, only a week after entering. I have emailed and rang on numerous occasions, the contact as stated on si entries without success. As there is now a waiting list, I would like my place to go to the person next in line. Could someone please advise.
Author: Madeleine Watson
Posted: Mon 4th Feb 2019, 13:28
Local Group: West Yorkshire
Just in terms of moving a thread to another category - apparently it's not straight forward with our current set up, so it will stay here.
Author: Neil Denham
Posted: Sun 3rd Feb 2019, 18:30
Local Group: North Yorkshire
Thank you all for your replies, I now have some good information, i will post my comments in the correct category next time,
I like to be organised well in advance, the early bird gets the worm, it has always worked for me, many thanks Neil
Author: Ian Hull
Posted: Sat 2nd Feb 2019, 23:27
Local Group: South Pennine
The organisers will get round to issuing the final route description nearer the time , there’s really no need to panic ! I won’t be printing out any R/D til the day before I travel down should there be any unforeseen changes . The grid ref you refer to ( TG198271 ) is the location of event HQ . OS map 252 looks like it will cover the route .

Not an event I’ve done before but it appears that N&S issue a gpx file for their events here - https://www.ldwa.org.uk/NorfolkAndSuffolk/W/1409/n-s-events.html

(This needs shifting to the forum/events tab)
Author: Deirdre Flegg
Posted: Sat 2nd Feb 2019, 21:13
PS. you should probably have posted under Forum-events-not this one which is just for Hundreds.
Author: Deirdre Flegg
Posted: Sat 2nd Feb 2019, 21:11
Neil,

I emailed Jayne a couple of days or so ago with the same question re the RD; she replied that they are walking the route out this weekend. The RD will be made available after that, through notification from SiEntries. Let's hope the weather hasn't made their plans tricky!

I don't think we will get any more information about required kit-winter togs and all the rest, I guess, as usual. Can't recall the maps [have done this several times before] but it probably goes via Sheringham then Cromer then inland back to Aylsham, so that might help you decide. Norfolk and Suffolk produce good RDs, so don't worry too much.
Author: Neil Denham
Posted: Sat 2nd Feb 2019, 18:47
Local Group: North Yorkshire
It is just 2 weeks to the Winter Poppyline 2019 and as yet i have no information regarding this event including route description, if a GPX file will be available, map ref. numbers, mandatory kit list etc,

There is a map noted on the website which is TG198271 is only one map needed as sometimes long walks cross over OS boundaries and two maps are needed,

I have tried about 10 times to phone Jane Cook and also sent emails requesting information but there is no reply,

Can someone from the event organisation please contact me with details, i will be travelling 200 miles for this event and so organisation is important,
many thanks Neil

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law