Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - Hundreds - Electronic devices

Author: Bill Milbourne
Posted: Wed 16th Jan 2019, 18:11
Local Group: Northumbria
The rules are quite clear and simple 9.5
"Maps in electronic format will also be allowed provided durability and adequate power supply for 48 hours can be demonstrated"
Your phone seems to be covered by this.and you have got the power supply covered as well
Those of you who are buying paper maps of the route especially for the Hadrian Hundred will be aware that they now come with a free download onto your phone anyway.
However, we would always recommend that you have a paper map with you, even if you just cut one up and bring a strip with the route on. Its awfully bleak and featureless out there on those moors if your phone (or your satnav) dies on you
Author: Kathy Finkel
Posted: Wed 16th Jan 2019, 17:13
Local Group: North Yorkshire
Hi, I have an ap on my phone, Outdoors GPS, which holds all OS maps for the country, I and have used the system many times before for following routes and not got lost, yet! I have downloaded the Hadrian 100 route from this website. My phone will hold the charge for about 24 hours and I have 3 spare batteries which will all hold charge for 24 hours. Obviously the ap I use uses satellite positioning so is as accurate as any other device. Is this allowed under electronic devices or will I have to carry maps? Thank you.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law