Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - 3 FORESTS WAY

Author: Norman Corrin
Posted: Tue 10th Oct 2006, 14:09
Local Group: Beds, Bucks and Northants
Rebecca I'm the Publicity Officer on the Nat Committee. I did try to get Sky to do a documentary on The Northumberland 100 but due to logistical reasons that fell through. C4 or BBC1 will only accept programmes or documentaries made by companies with the correct accreditation. I would love to get one made believe you me. It would do wonders for our image.
Author: Rebecca Lawrence
Posted: Tue 10th Oct 2006, 11:53
Local Group: Marches
well done Simon - thats a great time. I love the overnighters as its so quirky to be in the middle of a field at 3am. It is a shame there were so many non-shows. I am doing my best to recruit new members though - perhaps channel 4 would do a documentary on the LDWA? Anyone got any contacts?
Posted: Mon 9th Oct 2006, 14:46
Just a quick note to say a very big thanks to all of the volunteers who manned (personned?) checkpoints and arranged this this event. Given the wide spread of speeds, many of them would have been on duty for hours and hours.

It was a pity there were so many "no shows" on the morning, they missed a great event. Having a bunk to sleep on was great.

It was my first (and won't be my last) run at this distance finishing in 18:25 with tired legs but no blisters!

Thanks again.

Simon Finch
Author: Rebecca Lawrence
Posted: Sun 8th Oct 2006, 16:29
Local Group: Marches
Really well organised with a good range of sweet and savoury food at checkpoints, and a very efficient hot tasty meal just over half way through without having to wait. The route description was fairly good, but a little tricky for non locals for example when we had to look out for a second bridge along the canal, there were in fact loads of small lock bridges, and I didn't know whether to count these or not, also got very lost on paragraph 44 - it wasn't obvious where the 'open field' started and which gap to ignore, and I ended up on the wrong side of the hedge when I reached the pylons - more distances would have been helpful. The route itself was ideal for those wanting a good time, fairly flat, but a bit of a 'mile muncher' with rather a lot of 'going round field edges' which got a little tedious especially as a lot of these were ploughed. Having said this, this added to the challenge and I thought this was an extremely well run event with exceptional check point staff, and helpers, fantastic weather, bright moonlight, and a fantastic weekend. WELL DONE ESSEX AND HERTS

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law