Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Hundreds - Hadrian Ballot?

Author: Bill Milbourne
Posted: Mon 18th Feb 2019, 10:10
Local Group: Northumbria
The entry list for the Hadrian Hundred is now just about full and the waiting list is now closed.
If you are on the waiting list then you should respond to the email you got from Sientries.and we will contact you if a place becomes available
You are on the waiting list Neil and you will receive an invitation to complete your entry when there is a vacancy
Author: Neil Denham
Posted: Sun 17th Feb 2019, 18:33
Local Group: North Yorkshire
Hello, I have completed the Winter Poppyline this Saturday as hopefully a qualifier for the Hadrian Hundred,
I recieved an email from SI entries telling me to inform someone that i have completed the qualifier

Who ??????????????????????

Can someone please provide me with more specific details
Posted: Sun 3rd Feb 2019, 17:43
We can never have too many helpers. There are jobs to be done between setting up HQ on Friday evening and shovelling the last of the rubbish into the skip on Monday afternoon, As well as HQ in Hexham there are checkpoints all the way round the route that would welcome some more help. And in exchange for a few hours spent in excellent company, you get to enter the Marshals walk. A win all round
Author: Armorel Young
Posted: Thu 31st Jan 2019, 14:26
Local Group: Sherwood
Thaks for clarifying the situation so promptly. Incidentally, is there still a need for more volunteers on the main event?
Author: Tony Deall
Posted: Wed 30th Jan 2019, 21:18
Local Group: Cumbria
There are still a few places available on the Marshal's Walk for anyone willing to help on the main event.
Posted: Wed 30th Jan 2019, 21:15
The decision was taken to close the Event last week as it is full to overflowing.
There is also a substantial Waiting List.

I apologise that this information has not been updated on the website yet.

There has been a considerable period of time for late entrants to apply but it now seems unlikely that any more spaces will be available.
Author: Armorel Young
Posted: Wed 30th Jan 2019, 20:01
Local Group: Sherwood
The information here and on the "Entries" section of the website says that the event remains open on SiEntries and that one can apply to go on the waiting list up to 15th April. But the listing on SiEntries says that entries closed on 22nd January and it doesn't provide any option for going on the waiting list. Which of these is correct - is it or is it not still possible to put one's name on the waiting list?
Posted: Thu 10th Jan 2019, 16:51
Just reoply to the email you got from SiEntries
Author: Ian Graves
Posted: Thu 27th Dec 2018, 14:25
Local Group: East Yorkshire
I will taking part in the Winter Popplyline as my qualifier. The email I received from SiEntries has instructed me to inform you once the walk is completed, so that I can be put on the waiting list. But it does not give any instruction of how you are to be informed. Can you clarify please ?
Posted: Sun 2nd Dec 2018, 23:21
Just a further update.

No ballot has been needed but the Hadrian Hundred is now full and all pre-selection entries with a valid qualifier have been invited to secure their place by paying the entry fee.
This needs to be done by 28th December or their place will be forfeited.

The Event remains open through SiEntries and any valid entries received before the closing date of 15th April 2019 will be put on the Waiting List.
Those already on the pre-selection list but without a qualifier will also go on the Waiting List once their qualifier is completed.

I know it is a complicated procedure I hope the above makes it clear.
Posted: Sun 2nd Dec 2018, 13:14
This is to bring you all up to date on the Hadrian Hundred

Entries for the main event closed on Friday. Invitations have been sent out to 539 people who all have completed a qualifier, leaving 33 applicants who have yet to complete a challenge walk of at least 50 miles.
Those people who have not been accepted will be invited to apply for a place as soon as they have completed a suitable event but the last 11 spots will be allocated on a first comer basis and anyone who is qualified can apply for them at any time up to 15th April.

Once all 550 places are filled we will keep a waiting list in case anyone drops out.
Author: Alan Warrington
Posted: Sat 1st Dec 2018, 16:46
Local Group: Thames Valley
Glad you have secured a place to next years Hadrian Hundred as so many others have also done today with the invites going out.
Look forward to welcoming you at the HQ, and all the wonderful checkpoints hosted by a fantastic team of volunteers.
Author: Mark Edwards
Posted: Sat 1st Dec 2018, 10:10
Local Group: Merseystride
Got my invitation to enter 2 minutes after posting the first message!
Author: Mark Edwards
Posted: Sat 1st Dec 2018, 10:04
Local Group: Merseystride
I see that there are 575 entries at the 30 November closing date. So will we be having a ballot this year? I guess that may depend on whether any of the 575 don't have a suitable qualifier. Hopefully those in the higher categories (LDWA members) wil be in.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law