Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Gear ! - Is Hard skin on heel normal after taking up walking

Author: Simon Pipe
Posted: Wed 1st May 2019, 22:55
Local Group: Heart of England
Mark, John Vonhof's book Fixing Your Feet generally warns that hard skin is an invitation for blisters to form underneath: the harder the skin, the harder to get at the blister. Before the last two Hundreds I've been to a podiatrist to get the hard skin scraped off, and this year's appointment is imminent.

But if you're only getting the problem on one foot, does this suggest you might not be walking evenly? Not a big problem at eight miles a day but if you start going further, it might be. worth getting a (walking) gait analysis?
Author: Raymond Wilkes
Posted: Fri 14th Sep 2018, 20:32
Local Group: West Yorkshire
Hard skin can often cause soreness or blisters can build up under hard skin
A chiropodist can remove it and advise on keeping it under control.
This may involve creams and a foot file
I get hard skin from podiatry insoles which prevent a worse problem than hard skin!
Author: Mark Garratt
Posted: Wed 12th Sep 2018, 22:39
Local Group: Heart of England
I wondered if anyone can help me . I am a runner who has suffered a bad hip injury and unable to run due to impact. I have taken up walking around 8 miles a day . I have developed really hard skin on one heel only . Never had this running but I understand you use the foot differently.It is not painful . Should I see a chrropspidist to get this removed . Any help apriatated

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law