Discussion Forum - The Bothy - Mynydd Mawr challenge

Author: John Owen
Posted: Sat 8th Sep 2018, 19:48
Local Group: Heart of England
thanks Janet that's great news
Author: Janet Pitt-Lewis
Posted: Sat 8th Sep 2018, 19:46
Local Group: Marches
Just bacl from the Tour de Marches (Wistanstow Walk) where I met my old friend Tony Francis who presented me with a copy of the route description - 26 miles and 42 miles. Many thanks Tony. John if you email me - janet.pittlewis@gmail.com I will scan a copy over to you.
Posted: Thu 30th Aug 2018, 7:46
Yes Janet that's the one, apart from me getting the name slightly wrong and I still have the certificate ! if I remember it was beautiful weather
be interesting if anybody does still have a route description. If I remember correctly the route did a bit of coast path then inland to taly bont, and making way towards
nant y arian / anglers retreat area then onto plymlimon and back but that's about it.
regards
Author: Janet Pitt-Lewis
Posted: Wed 29th Aug 2018, 20:05
Local Group: Marches
Do you mean Mor y Mynydd - sea to the mountains. It started in Borth and was run by the Borth ?carnival? . Was 42 miles and went to the top of Plynlumon and back to Borth. If so - it was the 3rd challenge walk I ever did - in about 1993. I remember a very long route description with all sorts of archaeological notes. You have sent me rummaging in my boxes of past walks but I am afraid it was before I kept route descriptions. I can vividly remember walking through a field of Welsh black cows of uncertain temper at the very end but that is unlikely to help you. I have checked my oldest Aberystwyth map to see if the checkpoints are marked but I am afraid I have lost the map I used then somewhere along the way. I would be very interested to have a copy of the route - I wonder if there is anyone left from the carnival commitee who could help?
Posted: Wed 29th Aug 2018, 11:33
bit of a long shot but do any members remember or ultimately know/have the route of the Mynydd mawr challenge,I think it was last run in 1994 ? it started and finished in Borth , took in the summit of plymlimon and was about 42 miles.
regards

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law