Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Hundreds - Hadrian's RD

Author: Tony Deall
Posted: Tue 31st Jul 2018, 21:26
Local Group: Cumbria
Hi Amorel,
You’re perfectly correct in your suspicion that it is only a further 9.6 km to Greg’s Hut.
Version 5 will correct any possible ambiguity about the intermediate junctions.
Author: Armorel Young
Posted: Tue 31st Jul 2018, 14:14
Local Group: Sherwood
There is also something wrong with the distances in Section 6 (Garrigill to Greg's Hut). The route description says: "Ascend wide stony track, passing turnings on left in approx. 6Km and 7Km, to reach Greg’s Hut after FURTHER 9.6km." It's the "further" that is the problem - since the entire section is only 10.1 km, it can't possibly be an additional 9.6 km after the turning at 7 km. (I suspect that 9.6 km is in fact the total length of the track to Greg's Hut after you've got out of Garrigill.)
Author: Tony Deall
Posted: Thu 12th Jul 2018, 7:38
Local Group: Cumbria
Thanks for the feedback.
Version 4 of the Route Description is some way from the finished article but we decided to publish it as early as possible so that potential entrants would have an opportunity to get a flavour of the Event sooner rather than later.

Any further comments, suggestions or criticisms will be gratefully received.
I am aware of the typo mentioned and this has already been corrected in the infant V5!
Author: Peter Jull
Posted: Wed 11th Jul 2018, 16:47
Local Group: Kent
Having a first read through I see cumulative miles at end of section 13 is 99.4. Oh no I fear the route is going to be extra long but at the end of the 5 miles final leg the total distance is 101.4. Checking back a few sections I can't spot an arithmetical error.

I trust fitting the 6.3 miles of Section 6 into 4 lines of description and Section 9's 6 miles into 7 lines are admirable examples of brevity rather than indications of monotony.

I'll have to edit the kilometres to proper measurements in my version to avoid irksome mental calculations as faculties to do so are diminishing.

As a Pennine virgin the 10 months of anticipation is equally irksome.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law