Discussion Forum - Hundreds - RSPB concerns

Author: Simon Pipe
Posted: Fri 15th Jun 2018, 18:33
Local Group: Heart of England
I'm worried about the hares.
Author: Dave Clifton
Posted: Tue 12th Jun 2018, 19:46
Local Group: Northumbria
Perhaps before the hares are set running that a closer look at he route would be in order. I have just completed the 100 mile route with the Risk assessment and believe you me the birds were no bother if we did see any.
Author: Phil Bedson
Posted: Tue 12th Jun 2018, 17:45
Local Group: East Lancashire
To be fair it is later in the event so the field will be spread out more and therefore less noisy/disruptive compared to the first five or ten miles.....
Posted: Mon 11th Jun 2018, 23:14
Sorry... error in my headline. Should be "Natural England" concern.
Posted: Mon 11th Jun 2018, 23:13
The Hadrian's Hundred looks terrific but I quote from the recce advice: "As any birder will tell you Upper Teesdale and Weardale is possibly the UK’s No.1 site for wading birds. Natural England and the NP AONB are uncomfortable about our event."

How concerned should we be about this? How common is it for conservationists to express worries about the LDWA passing through en masse?

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law