Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Gear ! - Updating to Satsync 2.34.74

Author: Jason Winney
Posted: Wed 24th Jan 2018, 15:34
Local Group: South Wales
Hi John

When I've had issues with Satmaps SatSync its usually to do with the "visual basic 6.0 run-time redistribution pack"

I'm not sure if Microsoft ceased supporting this software component back in Windows 7.

There are some forums on Windows 10 and the VB6.0 run-time RDP but it sounds like its a hack to get it to work other than a proper install from Microsoft.

Is your system fully up to date with windows updates ?

Jason
Author: John Pennifold
Posted: Tue 5th Dec 2017, 13:46
Local Group: London
I visited their web site. They seem to have been very busy with updates in the last few months: 2.34.62 , 2.34.63, 2.34.64, 2.34.65, 2.34.68, 2.34.73
All in the space of 7 weeks. One release to fix a bug but the next to fix the new bug in etc.....
Anyway, I uninstalled 2.34.73 then installed 2.34.62 which worked.
I then installed each release in chronological order and each one worked, right up to & including 2.34.73.
So I'm OK now
Author: Raymond Wilkes
Posted: Mon 4th Dec 2017, 23:00
Local Group: West Yorkshire
mine was ok
try uninstall and reinstall the new version
Author: John Pennifold
Posted: Sun 3rd Dec 2017, 18:44
Local Group: London
I have just downloaded this to my Windows 10 PC.
Upon running it, it gives no indication that it has detected the Satmap unit and displays no information about it.
Anybody else had this problem?

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law