Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Hundreds - Place for Kent 100

Author: Ian Hull
Posted: Thu 14th Dec 2017, 15:30
Local Group: South Pennine
Browsing Sientries I note just 307 have confirmed their entry with 147 still to make up their mind & pay . If that info is up to date that seems a lot still to confirm , roughly a third to firm up their pre entry invite , given this expires on 22nd Dec . Have most of the 147 received the pre entry e mail invite given the earlier issue ( see elsewhere on this thread ) , are some just habitual late payers or simply grabbing a pre entry invite & delaying the decision whether to confirm entry until the last minute ?
Author: John Owen
Posted: Fri 8th Dec 2017, 7:27
Local Group: Heart of England
dehhhr ! David yes it was too easy a simple matter of scrolling down the page to reveal the 2018 qualifiers !! thanks
Author: David Findel-Hawkins
Posted: Thu 7th Dec 2017, 12:07
Local Group: Beds, Bucks and Northants
The obvious place to look as what qualifying events are acceptable is:-

https://www.ldwa.org.uk/2018Hundred/W/5447/qualifying-events.html

or is that too easy!
Author: Kevin Pearson
Posted: Thu 7th Dec 2017, 12:07
John,
It’s listed on the Qualifying Events page of the Kent 100 website.
Posted: Thu 7th Dec 2017, 12:05
deirdrie I have found what you mean now thanks
Posted: Thu 7th Dec 2017, 11:40
www.shropshirehillsdiscoverycentre.co.uk is the website of this "new" event I mention
Posted: Thu 7th Dec 2017, 11:38
deirdrie if you mean page 11 Dec 17 strider it doesn't really specifically mention the "shropshire event" planned for next march are you just saying there is "other" qualifiers available ?
regards
Author: Deirdre Flegg
Posted: Thu 7th Dec 2017, 9:36
Local Group: Dorset
Sorry-I meant John!
Posted: Thu 7th Dec 2017, 9:36
Peter, See David Finkel Hawkins' post under 'events' then 'Strider Dec 2017'
Posted: Thu 7th Dec 2017, 7:31
peter
would the Shropshire 50 miler on the 16th 17th March 2018 be considered as a qualifier ? somebody mentioned this event on a previous post, it appears to have all the qualifying criteria ie night navigation, and although partly on recognised paths (Shropshire way) and a lot of the route will be on "normal footpaths" it starts from the Shropshire secret hills centre in Craven arms.
best regards
Posted: Wed 6th Dec 2017, 15:17
Peter
how do I get on the "waiting list" I've tried everything (I think) to enter as normal but it gets to add qualifying event and I can get no further ,as I said in earlier comment am I missing something somewhere in the process ?
best regards
Author: Peter Jull
Posted: Tue 5th Dec 2017, 16:27
Local Group: Kent
If you go to the CP100 event page on SIEntries you will see a link Pre-selection List Help which should answer you.

Also see Rule 4.3 which applies to your circumstances.

There will be no waiting list until there are 550 valid entries.

Do not despair, if you get a qualifier in time your chances of a place are high.
Posted: Mon 4th Dec 2017, 15:12
Hi Phyl as previously commented I wont have a qualifier potentially till April or a March event mentioned in a previous comment
how do I join the "waiting list" or "waiting for qualifier status" ?
if it's just entry as normal it asks for a pre qualifying event am I missing a link somewhere to a pre selection section of the entry process.
thanks
Author: Laura Turner
Posted: Sun 3rd Dec 2017, 17:09
Local Group: South Wales
I've received a reply from Phyl, he had accidentally moved me to the list with a confirmed place and missed out the payment stage, and that's why I didn't receive the e-mail.
Posted: Sun 3rd Dec 2017, 9:52
I logged into SiEntries, and my entry was pending, so I have been able to pay, and received the payment confirmation email. I definitely did not receive a prior email inviting me to convert my pre-selection entry. I emailed Phyl, but haven't yet received a reply.
Author: Ian Hull
Posted: Sat 2nd Dec 2017, 22:09
Local Group: South Pennine
The e mail from Phyl is issued via Sientries viz :
"Thank you for your request to be added to the Cinque Ports 100 pre-selection list.

An invitation has now been issued for (Your Name) - I will NOT be helping at the Marshals' Walk to enter this event which can be activated by visiting our My Entries page and selecting the Edit option for this entry.

This invitation will expire at midnight on Friday 22nd December 2017. Please enter without delay.

The Kent Group of the LDWA would like to offer you a place on next year's Cinque Ports Hundred. If you wish to accept this offer you have until the twenty-second of December to pay.

If you have any problems please do not hesitate to contact the Entries Secretary, Phyl BUTLER (cinqueports100@gmail.com) 07803 051 625."

For online entries you need to log in to Sientries then select "My Entries" in the left hand column , check your details are still correct for CP100 then make payment . An e mail which be automatically sent to confirm this has been processed .

Ian
Posted: Sat 2nd Dec 2017, 21:11
Hi Phyl, Many of us have not received an email from you! Please could you check and email all those who have entered. Thanks. Laura
Author: Phyl Butler
Posted: Thu 30th Nov 2017, 17:23
Hi All,

Just to clear it all up we do not have 550 entries so no ballot. All valid entries received before Friday the twenty-fourth of November have places and should have received the offer of a place by now. (if not e-mail me!)

All entries received from now until the sixteenth of April will go on the waiting list. I will accept them, or not if no valid qualifier, as they come in. If you enter in mid January you should hear by the end of January if you have a place.

If you are doing the Wye Forrest 50 as a qualifier (14/15 April) e-mail me as soon as possible after the event and I will sort you out.

In all events when we reach 550 entrants we will except no more. We will also not accept any entries after the sixteenth of April, 2018.

Currently we have about 450 entries so there is about one hundred places left.

Phyl BUTLER, Entries Secretary.
Author: Bill Lancashire
Posted: Thu 30th Nov 2017, 14:13
Ok thanks.

I misinterpreted something that I read elsewhere.
Author: Tony Willey
Posted: Thu 30th Nov 2017, 12:15
Local Group: Lakeland
Bill,
See the second entry in this thread for the answer to your question.
Author: Bill Lancashire
Posted: Thu 30th Nov 2017, 11:58
Just looking for clarification:

Does the 12th April deadline that I now see on SiEntries mean that we will not now know until about 5 weeks before the event whether or not we have a place?

If so then it doesn't give much time for arrangements like accommodation and travel.

Bill.
Author: Michael Childs
Posted: Thu 30th Nov 2017, 8:11
It seems that another potential qualifying event in March is now available. See David Findel - Hawkins forum post under Events - "Strider December 2017"
Posted: Wed 29th Nov 2017, 18:44
John, It can be confusing, but you DO have until April to get a qualifier and enter-unless the event reaches its maximum of 550 before then. The 24th November cut off is a date for managing any ballot which might be needed if the first stage of entries produces more than 550 valid entries. As you note, you will have to do some smart footwork after the WF50 to meet the final final date for entries [if you see what I mean]. You can keep a ceck on how things are going by looking at Sientries where the current number of entries is recorded.
Author: Don Arthurs
Posted: Wed 29th Nov 2017, 14:26
Hi,
Not personally involved with the entry process in any way shape or form, just flagging that these are the entry conditions which are linked to from the main Cinque Ports 100 site (and which I believe are generally the same for every Hundred).

https://www.ldwa.org.uk/lgt/downloads/2018Hundred/CP100_Rules_V6a_mh.pdf

It states that if less than 550 entries are received then the entry period will be extended to the 16th of April, which is what has happened.

Perhaps of more relevance to yourself, it also states that when entering you must already have completed a qualifying event

"Conditional entry on the basis that a qualifying event will be completed in the future will not suffice. Entries will only be accepted when evidence is produced that a
qualifying event has already been completed."

Don
Posted: Wed 29th Nov 2017, 11:56
Hi Phyl
I thought the closure date according to Si entries website was 16th April 2018 ? as I need to do the wye forest 50 as a qualifier (albeit I will have to act quickly)
regards
Author: Phyl Butler
Posted: Wed 29th Nov 2017, 0:39
The closure date for the entries is the twenty-fourth of November. The date for informing people as to whether they have a place in Monday the fourth of December.

In fact I am working on this right now and hope to get the offers of a place out before the week-end. There will not be a ballot, so if you have put in a valid entry you will get a place.

Phyl BUTLER, Cinque Ports Hundred Entries Secretary
Author: Jeff Stevens
Posted: Sun 26th Nov 2017, 9:23
Local Group: West Yorkshire
Hi just wondering when we will find out if we have a place on the Kent 100
I keep looking on Si-entries but does not let me know and when ask before
I got told we would know by Friday 24th

Many thank
Jeff

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law